• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sawn off seems to have significantly more range and less damage fall-off than the other two variants.

sarahwayn84

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2021
I've been playing this game for almost 5 years now I think and something I've always noticed is that the sawn off shotgun seems to be capable of kills at a lot higher range than the coach or full size. For this reason sawn off has basically always been my favorite weapon. From only what I remember, I have been able to get headshot kills with it at over 160m. This is extremely bizarre to me and I have no such luck with any of the other two variants after using them all extensively. The other two seem to have a more "normal" feeling range and power for shotguns. I can't get kills over probably 50m with any of the other two and can barely even get hits at all with them. Anyone else noticed this?

As fire as I know, there isn't a "full-barreled shotgun" counterpart to the Boomstick. So I join Onion on that one : which weapons are you talking about my friend?

As for the Boomstick, as much as I adore this weapon, it sure isn't accurate ! Even with the appropriate skill which tightens your spread, it's hardly a sniper rifle... It's still much better to use it a close to VERY close range. It is however true that the wider spread allows for more random headshots... Maybe that's where your assumption comes from?

Upvote 0
As fire as I know, there isn't a "full-barreled shotgun" counterpart to the Boomstick. So I join Onion on that one : which weapons are you talking about my friend?

As for the Boomstick, as much as I adore this weapon, it sure isn't accurate ! Even with the appropriate skill which tightens your spread, it's hardly a sniper rifle... It's still much better to use it a close to VERY close range. It is however true that the wider spread allows for more random headshots... Maybe that's where your assumption comes from?
I think they're referring to the full size or coach gun being the doomstick. The doomstick has good range when paired with tight choke I guess but the double barrel maintains reliable damage at range.

Upvote 0