• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Saw Blade Crossbow

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
400_488181231203922_618165905_n.jpg

Anyone else feel Joerg Sprave would be proud?

Shooting Circular Sawblades With The Slingshot - YouTube

I want to see this made next The Oberfranken Steakknife Massacre - YouTube

Last edited:
i am not going to buy the weapons, that doesnt change my opinion, IJC deserves credit no doubt, but seeing as how unbalanced their original weapon pack was i will not be supporting this.

Paying for CONTENT has never been something that TWI has supported, but i guess things change i just hope this doesn't become a regularity, or KF is going to become a lame pay2win deal that TF2 did.

Upvote 0
i am not going to buy the weapons, that doesnt change my opinion, IJC deserves credit no doubt, but seeing as how unbalanced their original weapon pack was i will not be supporting this.

Paying for CONTENT has never been something that TWI has supported, but i guess things change i just hope this doesn't become a regularity, or KF is going to become a lame pay2win deal that TF2 did.
I fail to see where you see that the Sythe, Flame Pistol, Tommy Gun and Saw Crossbow are pay to use.
Not only are we getting the above things, but also the MKb 42, Dragons breath Shotgun, Nail Gun and Medic nade. Its all part of this halloween. The only thing that is pay to use is the Chickenator.

You really need to calm down about stuff and just enjoy KF. So what, its not as hard as it was 'back in your day'. Get over yourself.

Needless to say : Can't wait to play. Great job twi, let the good times roll :U

Upvote 0
I was talking about the Saw cross bow, not the fact that it may or may not be DLC (Not sure how I feel about it yet, I need to read more)

As for TF2 being pay 2 win, I wouldn't say it is. I have not bought any weapons and I have all of them from drops alone. And with the exception of some melee weapons that are practical upgrades, the stock weapons are able to compete fine, if not better than the unlocks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I fail to see where you see that the Sythe, Flame Pistol, Tommy Gun and Saw Crossbow are pay to use.

here's a link to the full post: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1142098&postcount=1

But in case you already read it, here's the part you failed to see:

Now lets all simmer down for a moment to talk about an extra piece that we are real excited about. We've always supported the community's efforts to create mods, maps, monsters and anything else for our games. In the past, the only way we've been able to reward people for their modding efforts was by running mapping and modding contests with prizes. Now, for the first time, we are giving modders the opportunity to earn cash directly from their work. The brand new Community Weapons Pack from the IJC modding team will be available as DLC, with money going to the crew that created it. It is our hope that this opens the door to a whole new relationship with the community. One in which we're able to expand the new Killing Floor Steam Workshop so that the players have far more control of what makes it into the game AND we can reward the best community content makers directly. This first community weapon pack contains:

• The Scythe: This is pretty much what you would expect. Long handle. Long blade. Good for reaping corn, wheat - or shambling monsters.
  • Tommy Gun: The Thompson sub-machine gun is an absolute classic of design and functionality, beloved by soldiers and gangsters for decades!
  • Flare revolver: A standard flare gun pops signal flares down range. This one ignites them on the way out the barrel for a little extra fun.
  • Buzzsaw Bow: This is no ordinary crossbow. Why shoot little bolts when you can send a circular saw blade spinning instead?

You really need to calm down about stuff and just enjoy KF. So what, its not as hard as it was 'back in your day'. Get over yourself.

Anyone who buys a game, and then has the game altered drastically by updates can have any opinion they want about it. People like this game for different reasons. No one needs to get over themselves about anything.

It's nice to have a company that rolls out free updates especially 3 years after a release but I'm waiting until I get to try out the new weapons and map before I do any congratulating.

Upvote 0
Anyone who buys a game, and then has the game altered drastically by updates can have any opinion they want about it. People like this game for different reasons. No one needs to get over themselves about anything.

It's nice to have a company that rolls out free updates especially 3 years after a release but I'm waiting until I get to try out the new weapons and map before I do any congratulating.
Well theres this for one - "With a big ol' sale to go along - 75% off Killing Floor and 50% off all DLC for the duration of the event.". 50% off whatever its going to cost, which I doubt will be any more than $5 full price. Anybody that has a computer, working internet, steam and a few games could easily handle that price. Plus, the money is going to IJC, at this rate they may eventually become a part of TWI. Now that would be awesome, people who pump out content constantly.

As for the other part - you're right, anybody can have an opinion. However, when the majority of opinions are nothing short of whining about anything and everything twi does, things get a little bit frustrating for those that have to read it.

The pay to win complaining is just... (TF2 is not pay to win by any stretch of the imagination).The sythe probably has exact stats to the axe, tommy gun is probably similar to a bullpup or m4, flare revolver sounds like peoples prayers being answered in relation to an incendiary M-79, the Buzzsaw Bow is probably same stats to the regular crossbow, it just shoots something different.

Upvote 0
Not only are we getting the above things, but also the MKb 42, Dragons breath Shotgun, Nail Gun and Medic nade. Its all part of this halloween. The only thing that is pay to use is the Chickenator.

uh before hopping on my private area, maybe you should do a bit of reading.

TWI has never in the past charged for CONTENT, only for aesthetic skins that did not affect gameplay at all. This has nothing to do with "difficulty" of an already easy game, though i appreciate your feeble attempt to stir something up with that snide remark.

Paid CONTENT, only divides the community and limits players as to what they can and cannot play with, and possibly even who they can play with. i dont care how OP or UP the new weapons are, just the fact that they are charging for them is IMO uncalled for, and if this is going to pave the road for future paid weapon DLCs, then that is a poor move on tripwires part.

I will admit, i am not too familiar with TF2s current marketplace deal, i stopped playing that game long ago, it may not be pay2win exactly, but it sure is a hell of a lot lamer now then before that was added.

If new weapons are going to be paid DLC in the future, whats to stop TWI from charging for maps, and even whitelisted mutators, whos to say? And exactly how is this going to work? will players that have the DLC and do not have it be able to play in the same servers? Limiting content to payers is not a smart decision, if they wanted to give a cut to IJC im sure they will make plenty from the halloween sale to give credit where credit is due. i personally do not support this, and did not expect something like this from TWI, activision and the cowadooty franchise sure, but not from a homegrown company like TWI, and i will not being purchasing this weapon pack.

Well theres this for one - "With a big ol' sale to go along - 75% off Killing Floor and 50% off all DLC for the duration of the event.". 50% off whatever its going to cost, which I doubt will be any more than $5 full price. Anybody that has a computer, working internet, steam and a few games could easily handle that price. Plus, the money is going to IJC, at this rate they may eventually become a part of TWI. Now that would be awesome, people who pump out content constantly.

As for the other part - you're right, anybody can have an opinion. However, when the majority of opinions are nothing short of whining about anything and everything twi does, things get a little bit frustrating for those that have to read it.

The pay to win complaining is just... (TF2 is not pay to win by any stretch of the imagination).The sythe probably has exact stats to the axe, tommy gun is probably similar to a bullpup or m4, flare revolver sounds like peoples prayers being answered in relation to an incendiary M-79, the Buzzsaw Bow is probably same stats to the regular crossbow, it just shoots something different.

lol get over YOURSELF, nobody has been whining over things that tripwire has been doing RIGHT, but this is definitely wrong. and you cannot speculate about whether or not the weapons are going to be extremely similar statwise to existing weapons, the scythe in the workshop was ridiculously OP stunning scrakes with a bodyshot, basically the M99 for terrible zerkers.

also from the looks of the update thread, it seems so far that most people seem to agree with me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
confirming the new weapon pack DLC is OP

sawbow stuns on body shot, its a berserker weapon...

it is also as effective as the xbow in a sharpshooters hands

scythe kills scrakes in 3 alt fires, has ridiculous range, fast ROF and to top it off can be carried with the sawbow and pipes...

tommy gun has nearly no recoil, but the damage output of the AK

flare gun 2 shots husks with headshots

definitely not a paid advantage over the vanilla loadouts, definitely not unbalanced...

Upvote 0
confirming the new weapon pack DLC is OP

sawbow stuns on body shot, its a berserker weapon...

it is also as effective as the xbow in a sharpshooters hands

scythe kills scrakes in 3 alt fires, has ridiculous range, fast ROF and to top it off can be carried with the sawbow and pipes...

tommy gun has nearly no recoil, but the damage output of the AK

flare gun 2 shots husks with headshots

definitely not a paid advantage over the vanilla loadouts, definitely not unbalanced...

Then the problem is with the DLC weapons being OP, not paid DLC in itself.

Upvote 0
Then the problem is with the DLC weapons being OP, not paid DLC in itself.

doesnt change the fact that this is more or less a pay 2 win type deal.

also it seems most of the community feels the same way about paid content, in that it shouldn't exist in a game like KF.

i bought the robot chicken right away, im perfectly okay with that, but paid content is not something TWI should support

Upvote 0
doesnt change the fact that this is more or less a pay 2 win type deal.

also it seems most of the community feels the same way about paid content, in that it shouldn't exist in a game like KF.

i bought the robot chicken right away, im perfectly okay with that, but paid content is not something TWI should support

No it's...not? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just honestly not sure what makes you think that. This isn't even close to pay to win. If you're saying that because the weapons are currently OP, then again, the problem lies with the weapons themselves.

Do you guys honestly think this is as big of a deal as you're making it out to be? You have to pay to obtain certain weapons. Okay. So what? If you don't want them, it shouldn't matter either way. It's not like they're an integral part of the game; it's just something extra to support the team who made it. If Tripwire started going nuts with DLC like EA then it'd be a problem, but we have no indication that this will happen.

Upvote 0