• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Saving BSP Brushes?

jeffduquette

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
I can only reopen my very last BSP brush save. Moreover I had saved about 10 BSP brush shapes for various common structures\shapes I use, but none of them seem to reopen except the very last BSP brush I saved. Is this just me? Or does the SDK really only let you save one BSP brush at a time?

If this is just me, what should I be doing when I save brushes. I am sort of interested in creating a small set of common brush shapes, but obviously can't go there if I can only save one brush shape at a time.

I recommend if you have complex BSP shapes that you create a builder-map where you just use it to create your BSP brushes. You can then copy and paste those BSP shapes into your new map (just copy the shapes, load your new map, paste)

Thanks Drax. I sort of came to the same conclusion after trying to monkey around with saving complex BSP Brushes for several hours.

Here's another goffy question. If I have a builder map in which I save complex BSP shapes, can I go backwards from the BSP shape to a brush again. Lets say for whatever reason I want to tweak a vertex\node location or the size of a particular plain on the BSP Shape. Sort of analogous to converting a BSP shape into a static mesh or a static mesh into a BSP shape -- but here I want to convert a BSP shape back into a BSP builder brush.

Upvote 0
Thanks Drax. I sort of came to the same conclusion after trying to monkey around with saving complex BSP Brushes for several hours.

Here's another goffy question. If I have a builder map in which I save complex BSP shapes, can I go backwards from the BSP shape to a brush again. Lets say for whatever reason I want to tweak a vertex\node location or the size of a particular plain on the BSP Shape. Sort of analogous to converting a BSP shape into a static mesh or a static mesh into a BSP shape -- but here I want to convert a BSP shape back into a BSP builder brush.

Yeap.. that's what the middle-left-toolbar buttons do.. you can convert BSP->Brush and Brush->BSP. Just be mindfull that it might mess with the cuts of your object.. the best way to re-adjust a BSP shape woudl be to redo the orginal BSP object, or you can just be careful about vertex editing.

Upvote 0