• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release SameWeapon or RiffleOnly mutator

FuraX49

Sep 16, 2011
This mutator allows to give the same weapon to all the roles of a team, he can also remove, keep or give the secondary weapon.

Download:
The mutator can be downloaded here: http://www.multiteams.fr/phpboost/download/download-25+mutator-sameweapon.php[url]http://www.multiteams.fr/phpboost/download/download-25+mutator-sameweapon.php[/URL]

Installation:

1. Download the mutator from above location
  2. Extract all files from the archive
  3. Place the config\defaultSameWeapon.ini file in the rogame\config folder on your server
  4. Place the cookedpcserver\SameWeapon.u file in the rogame\cookedpcserver folder on your server
  5. Restart your server(you need to do this or else the server will not find the mutator)
Activation:

1. Open your servers web-admin tool
  2. Go to the Change Map page
  3. Select your game type and map
  4. At the Additional URL variables field you add ?mutator=SameWeapon.SameWeapon
  5. Now load the map
Configuration:

The configuration can be set in ROSameWeapon.ini (see defaultSameWeapon.ini for weapons name)

• AxisPrimary
    The name of primary weapon you want to give for axis team , you can also put "keep" for the default role.
    Default: ROWeap_Kar98_Rifle_Level3
  • AxisSecondary
    The name of secondary weapon you want to give for axis team , you can also put "keep" for the default role, or "remove"
    Default: remove
  • AlliesPrimary
    The name of primary weapon you want to give for allies team , you can also put "keep" for the default role.
    Default: ROWeap_Kar98_Rifle_Level3
  • AlliesSecondary
    The name of secondary weapon you want to give for allies team , you can also put "keep" for the default role, or "remove"
    Default: remove

@FuraX49

For the same reason TWI makes your server unranked if you modify if you mess around with any of the weapon loadouts.

Through the webadmin you can set it so there are no MKBs for example, but your server will be unranked.

I just think they will look on this with the same logic. Although they are changing their stance on many things so I might be totally wrong.

Upvote 0
I agree with Cat on this one. The mutator can be used to give one side a state of the art gun and the other side a crappy gun. The side with state of the art guns are the human players. The side with crappy guns are the bots on recruit level. This will make it very easy for players to update there weapon XP. Sure there are already enough ways to do a thing like this, but with this mutator it will become even easier.

Upvote 0
I agree with Cat on this one. The mutator can be used to give one side a state of the art gun and the other side a crappy gun. The side with state of the art guns are the human players. The side with crappy guns are the bots on recruit level. This will make it very easy for players to update there weapon XP. Sure there are already enough ways to do a thing like this, but with this mutator it will become even easier.

Is that any different from what is happening now with big push to remove the MKB down to the barest of minimums and the "dumbing down" of the MP40.... while the deadly PPSH remains untouched?

I put Antilag and Dynamic Rotator back in action to at least LEVEL the playing field ... we went back to vanilla to enable certain custom maps. That proved to be Bad Idea after having employed Antilag... we saw the remarkable difference Antilag made. The custom maps that conflicted with Antilag have been removed - Now we play a mixed bag of stock and custom maps just fine.

Upvote 0
IMHO, TWI should not be too worried about it... Let say a servers does that, Only-MKb. Who will play there? 5 guys? Probably people that like to play RO2 with more arcade settings? These 5 guys will be super happy, playing on that server with MKb. Maybe they'll bring in their friends from CoD and play on their server. Will I care? No. Will you care? Probably not. Will the community care? I don't think so.

Server admins are bound to the community, just like TWI is. If you set-up your server so that nobody likes it, your server is empty, that's all. It doesn't hurt the community, it only hurts you. That's why I'm not too fond of ranking servers and limiting the possibilities. I'd prefer to let "natural" selection do its job in this matter.

So I hope your mutator will be white-listed. GJ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,
This mutator was created to make the Bolt Rifle Only, and did not intend to be whitelisted.
Yes you can make a pistol only server, only ppsh etc. ... but especially the Bolt Rifle Only!
I think whoever is interested to come play on a server Bolt Rifle Only is probably already with this class hero

You can come and test the mutator on our server:
188.165.236.108:7798 FR - MultiTeams [Bolt Rifles Only Beta Mutator]

Upvote 0
Hello,
This mutator was created to make the Bolt Rifle Only, and did not intend to be whitelisted.
Yes you can make a pistol only server, only ppsh etc. ... but especially the Bolt Rifle Only!
I think whoever is interested to come play on a server Bolt Rifle Only is probably already with this class hero

You can come and test the mutator on our server:
188.165.236.108:7798 FR - MultiTeams [Bolt Rifles Only Beta Mutator]

IF the op had made a mutator where all weapons other than the Bolts had been disabled, then their would be no reason why it shouldn't be whitelisted, but the fact is he did not make such a mutator, what he made enables server admins to pick and choose what weapons either team can use and that is open to abuse,so in my opinion it should never be whitelisted (in its present form.)
Change the mutator,disable all other weapons except bolts,disable nades/arty/recon plane etc.,get it whitelisted.
Anybody that wants to play hardcore bolt only doesn't need anything except his rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMHO, TWI should not be too worried about it... Let say a servers does that, Only-MKb. Who will play there? 5 guys? Probably people that like to play RO2 with more arcade settings? These 5 guys will be super happy, playing on that server with MKb. Maybe they'll bring in their friends from CoD and play on their server. Will I care? No. Will you care? Probably not. Will the community care? I don't think so.

Server admins are bound to the community, just like TWI is. If you set-up your server so that nobody likes it, your server is empty, that's all. It doesn't hurt the community, it only hurts you. That's why I'm not too fond of ranking servers and limiting the possibilities. I'd prefer to let "natural" selection do its job in this matter.

Exactly!! After all, it is a privately owned server and even if they wanted to use paint balls.... that's their business. Especially if it means MORE RO2 players! Let's lose the control freak mentality... please!

I hope its white-listed too.

Upvote 0

I agree but i'm not sure TWI will.

Upvote 0
Exactly!! After all, it is a privately owned server and even if they wanted to use paint balls.... that's their business. Especially if it means MORE RO2 players! Let's lose the control freak mentality... please!

I hope its white-listed too.

I'm not trying to be a control freak. I myself are not an advocate of the current ranking/unranking system at all, but it's there and we need to live with it. This mutator can have a lot of potential. Especially for rifle only clans, but it can be used to as an exploid and that can cause it to stay of the white-list (see [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1021869&postcount=2[/URL]). Maybe it would be better if the weapons would be classified and that there would be only one assignment which will reflect both axis and allies. Then at least both sides will have an equal classified weapon (like both sides have bolt rifle only or both side have SMG's only (MP40 or PPSH)). I think that would make it easier to get it white-listed.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to be a control freak. I myself are not an advocate of the current ranking/unranking system at all, but it's there and we need to live with it. This mutator can have a lot of potential. Especially for rifle only clans, but it can be used to as an exploid and that can cause it to stay of the white-list (see http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1021869&postcount=2). Maybe it would be better if the weapons would be classified and that there would be only one assignment which will reflect both axis and allies. Then at least both sides will have an equal classified weapon (like both sides have bolt rifle only or both side have SMG's only (MP40 or PPSH)). I think that would make it easier to get it white-listed.

Where is making a PRIVATELY OWNED and OPERATED SERVER an MKB only Server an exploit that's "Hurting" ANYONE?? It truly is Server owner's business if they want to use only that weapon or any other weapon for that matter. There is no "exploit" there.
To imply that using a single weapon for everyone, be it a pistol, rifle, bolt, MKB, AVT or whatever is an exploit is an exaggerated stretch.
This mutator, like any other, subscribes to the wants and needs of Server Admins worldwide. If the mutator works and does not break the game software, then it should be considered for white-listing. Besides which, its use could possibly translate into more users.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where is making a PRIVATELY OWNED and OPERATED SERVER an MKB only Server an exploit that's "Hurting" ANYONE?? It truly is Server owner's business if they want to use only that weapon or any other weapon for that matter. There is no "exploit" there.
To imply that using a single weapon for everyone, be it a pistol, rifle, bolt, MKB, AVT or whatever is an exploit is an exaggerated stretch.
This mutator, like any other, subscribes to the wants and needs of Server Admins worldwide. If the mutator works and does not break the game software, then it should be considered for white-listing. Besides which, its use could possibly translate into more users.

You really need to learn how to read.

I said it would be ok if both sides have the same weapon class. But currently this mutator allows that one side have for instance MKB and the other side a bolt-rifle. Now what is the fairness about that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You really need to learn how to read.

I said it would be ok if both sides have the same weapon class. But currently this mutator allows that one side have for instance MKB and the other side a bolt-rifle. Now what is the fairness about that?

That is not what I am on about....... its what YOU are making an issue of.... I could care less about perceived or implied fairness. I am talking about OWNED SERVER Admin rights.

I am saying if a server admin wants to set up with one side using a BAZOOKA and the other a MARSHMALLOW, that his business!!

This mutator allows such and if it does not break the game software... SO WHAT!! Please remember its their server and that server admin is paying for that server and if he and his regulars want a specific environment who are we to interfere?

Let them enjoy themselves.

Upvote 0
That is not what I am on about....... its what YOU are making an issue of.... I could care less about perceived or implied fairness. I am talking about OWNED SERVER Admin rights.

I am saying if a server admin wants to set up with one side using a BAZOOKA and the other a MARSHMALLOW, that his business!!

This mutator allows such and if it does not break the game software... SO WHAT!! Please remember its their server and that server admin is paying for that server and if he and his regulars want a specific environment who are we to interfere?

Yes i agree...but it shouldn't be ranked.

Upvote 0

I know it is there right. It's their server and I never said that it wasn't their right. But you forget that the players on that server can get advantage and if the server is ranked, then they will take there gained weapon XP to other servers.
Did you forget the endless threads about pleople using the bots to boost up there weapon XP?

And now I step out of this discussion. It's leading nowhere. It's up to TWI if they will white-list it or not. The only thing I did was pinting out some problems.

Upvote 0