• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Same issue as anyone else

binks92

Jun 2, 2011
I wrote all of this in another post...but it seems the post just didn't show up...so here I am again and I'll go shorter and less raging.

My gajme won't start...
I installed the XNA 3.1....
I installed the DX from the depends folder...
I can't install .NET...why?..
It asked me to uninstall .net 4...I did so and restarted but then whatever I do....when i try installing .net 3.5...it asks me to go into turn on or off windows features....and whatever I do there....I still can't install.net 3.5....please help me.

I really want to play your game and I would hate to see that 10$ go nowhere because some developper couldn't fix his game before selling it....>.>

thanks in advance

BTW, steam doesn't give refunds...

So you shouldn't need .net 3.5 when you have 4. You need XNA 3.1. You can have XNA 4 and 3.1 at the same time. So try to reinstall the latest version of .net.
.NET 3.5
.NET 4

Also a small explanation .NET is sort of like DirectX it's supports the code we use for the game but it's nothing we can really do anything about because its Microsoft property. But we will try to help you to get it running cause we want you to play our game :). It should how ever be part of a basic windows 7 system and shouldn't even have to be installed. So try installing .NET 4 and then try to see if the game runs.

Upvote 0
Then try Re-installing XNA. And please if you could take a screenshot of your dwarfs folder so I can see what files are inside and also of your control panel with the installed XNA and .Net. This would help me figure out the problem. We have never had this problem before so we are happy for your help :).

Upvote 0
WOOOHOOO!!! Good news, I finally found the problem. Here's how it went:

On startup, I was getting gfxUI has stooped working, I thought maybe it was the problem and one way or another, I wanted to fix that problem. So I went on google and typed gfxui has stopped working. To those having the same problem has I did....type that in google and take the first and third links.

from the first link (forum thread), they said it was about intel drivers...so I took the link from the forum and installed all my drivers, might have helped...but that didn't fix the problem yet (but I'm sureit was a good thing to update....as you should do every now and then).

then from the third link (another forum thread), they said it was .net framework, some blahblah...then a couple links to .net framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, a .net cleaner and microsoft wse 3.0.....I also used the .net 3.5 link to get a link to .net 4.0.

Briefly, I simply downloaded all of the above and began using them...starting with the cleanup which I'm not sure if it worked...but might as well been useful.
Then in order, installed 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, wse 3.0, 3.5 and finally 4.0. I ran into some errors, especially on 3.0 and 3.5....and 4.0 was more of a repair than an install.

I restarted and everything was fine and dwarfs would finally RUN!

Thank you guys for your patience...the trouble was more about the gfxUI than anything else.

Binks92

Upvote 0