• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Saipan Japanese tickets count

Ratiasu

Apr 30, 2014
Spending a LOT of time being Team Leader on the Japanese side, I noticed that despite often getting experienced teammates (before the free weekend, hurr), and despite telling people not to take back objectives and falling back when needed, telling them to ditch objective E and stick with F, the Japanese still run out of tickets incredibly often.

There is no other map in the game where the defenders lose due to low ticket count as often as Saipan.

I would love to see the amount of tickets on this map getting a look at.
Reducing access points to the buildings in front of E would also be incredibly appreciated.

TL; Dr (really?): Even with a good, coordinated team, cutting corners by falling back and not taking back objectives, ditching capture sites and the entire team bunkering down at F, the Japanese lose due to tickets to an often inferior team at an alarmingly consistent rate. As defenders.

[Edit:] Wrong tag >_<

Last edited:
True it happens on Saipan more often than Iwojima for example!
I dont think its a bad thing though. Its a punishment for counteratacking the allies too often. This no reinforcement thing happens mostly after a lot of New Players join. It is a little bit tricks o know where to fight I admit.
Experienced japanese Teams rarely Loose on Saipan though. If you want some good Spots pm me ;).
I play RS at least 300 hours and Saipan is one my favourites.

Edit: Two Things I think make the difference between having enough reinforcements and having not enough.

1. allies can easily flank A from the Side. If te japanese then try to reinforce they get bleeded out.
2. same on B to a lesser extend. Watch the flanks.
3. squadleaders on the front of C and D. People can get spawnend Outside to their Doom.
4. getting Cut of from the middle of C and D. Japanese trying to get to D are getting slaughtered from the houses between c and D.
Fighting at E. E is a lost Cause. Trying even to ambush the americans by spawning and atacking back always fires back. E is made for the atackers to success.
Just some examples of Things to know on Saipan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know. And whilst I realize it's extra bad right now due to the new players, even with an experienced team tickets are problematic. Basically, too many Japanese (even if they're only 20% of the entire team) trying to take back an objective with barely any defending Americans easily means a loss. Either give us more tickets, or make it so the Japanese can't take back objectives so those headless chickens don't ruin it for the rest, since we're apparently not supposed to, any way.

I know it's possible, and it happens regularly, but it more often than not means a loss for all of us.

Upvote 0