• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Russian Insults

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
These are the current Russian insults and taunts with translations. They are definitely SFW.

Я тебя ещё достану, Гад / Мразь
Ya tebya yeshchyo dostanu, gad / mraz'
I'm gonna get you, snake / scum

Чтоб Вы сдохли, фрицы
Shtob Vy sdokhli, fritzy
Die, fritzes

Фашисти проклятие
Fashisti proklyatiye
Damned fascists

Фрицы не добитие
Fritzy ne dobitiye
The fritzes aren't dead yet (i.e. finish them off)

Дави фрицев
Davi fritzev
Crush the fritzes (like lice)

Сдохни скотина
Sdokhni skotina
Die, beast

Смерт Окупантам
Smert okupantam
Death to the occupier

The rest are basically combinations of the words above sometimes switching a noun to an adjective but that's basically all.

Last edited:
It's because of Russian publisher - he didn't allow really insulting taunts. Instead, 1C came up with this garbage actor saying garbage lines. :/

We need more for both sides. So Nestor and Bolt grab that Mike and
provide us some more.....
Wait, You want me to teach you cursing in Russian? :) Easy as hell. Combine " Blyad' ", "Sooka", "Peedor" and "JObanyj" in any way you like - you will sound like a real Russian. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah - can't help feeling a bit sorry for TW - first they get a guy who sounded OK but took a few liberties, then they get hamstrung on this one by *hawk, ptooooi* 1C and their, 'let's give our mate a paying job' voice 'talent'.

I actually DO miss shouting 'V Bobruisk Zhivotnoye' - it used to have my wife in fits of laughter. But I suppose it had no place in the game and probably helped to influence the decision to buy into 1C's pig-in-a-poke.

If I were TW I would release an upgrade with a different voice actor just to demonstrate to 1C my contempt for their attitude. after all, it's probably not a contractual obligation to have that lamer's voice in the game (is it?).

As for how harsh it is - here is a problem - her 13-year old son calling someone 'Gad' in-game is not going to upset Mrs Popova, whereas if he started dishing out the 'Blyad's like the old guy did she may well have a coronary. The only option would be to have an 'adult content' toggle on the sounds and, I can tell you now, TW would never bother doing that - too much effort, too many other things to do.

It was with stufff like this in mind that we were quite careful about the Romanians taunts and insults for Carpathian Crosses - when I get the list and when we're a bit further along the development path, I will publish the list of them so you can all start practising them prior to the actual release. I vaguely recall some threats to cut people's mothers into pieces. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ja Pycckij pidaras

I really do NOT recommend you shout this phrase in-game. You would be saying, "I am a Russian kiddie-fiddler (pederast)." It is also written half in Russian and half in some European language's transcription (German? Dutch?)

I am actually talking about a third voice pack - one that a) doesn't have stupid stuff about Bobruisk in it and b) is not too toned down.

If you want the old voice-pack someone once did post it - try search on the forum and, if you're really lucky, it may still be available for download.

Upvote 0