Running the SDK Editor Offline -- WTF???

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

jeffduquette

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2008
Ok, this has been asked before here to include me asking about it. But I have never been able to run the SDK Editor offline; nor have I read any sort of answer on how to go about doing this. If I am offline the SDK will ask if I want to run the thing offline and I click yes -- but than nothing. Says something like I can't run the SDK cause I'm not hooked to the internet. No Sh@#, really -- thanks but I know I'm not hooked to the frickin' internet :D. It don't work -- at least not for me. :confused:

Is there an idiots guide out there for how a guy might run the SDK offline :eek:? I mean why do we have to be hooked to Steam to run the darn thing anyway?

I am headed out of town to the land of no internet connections and I would really like to use some of my down time to get a bit of work done on a map I have be farting around with for sometime. Any help with the offline SDK Thing would be great.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Last edited:

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
copy the steam.dll from the steam folder to your RO/system folder.
Start the ROEd.exe
done.

Actually im not sure if the first step is still required.

Sined

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
Exactly as Worluk says.

Im always running it offline so on other puter i can be running around online with semi auto giving out lead Xmas presents:)

Merry Xmas gang