• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Running speeds.

I actually quite like this idea, although I wouldn't want it to be an incremental throttle but simply being able to switch up/down similar to weapon switching. This could also be bound to a normal key for instance.

Actually, you're right.

W+shift to sprint, adding the running speed with the mouse wheel would be like:

W+Shift+(scroll mouse wheel up for increase speed, down for decrease)

It might be a little learning curve to overcome but for different speeds, different stamina decreases. That's a plus side for conserving stamina while maintaining pace on long hikes.

The question is, when you initially sprint holding W+shift, which end of the spectrum does the model start at, a full on sprint or a slightly faster jog? Maybe in the middle? so you still start a pretty fast sprint, but can also go fast and slower.

IT sounds good to me, especially with the dual wheel mouse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hahahaahaha, that is the best game ever, it may even rival ro2!!!!

But in all seriousness, we aren't manually controlling the model's calf and leg muscles to run, simply adjusting the speed at which you are running.

Like i said, it would probably have a bit of a learning curve to become efficient at. But at the same time, an efficient player would make great use of it.

This feature actually sounds like it would be better in an ARMA game(or mod).

It's a very bright idea though!

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
Although indeed you're right; The game is awesome and it's a little misplaced here.

But actually reducing or increasing speed is not very realistic in my eyes. Also it adds keys, which will make it fit more in arma or something.

What I mean is this; When I play paintball, I sprint to cover when under fire (Max speed). When I am not under fire I jog while scanning the environment (normal speed).
In my experience these are the two major movements. To be honest I think the movement speed is very specific and it's very unnatural for the body to go between jogging and sprinting (that's why you have marathon and sprint; not marathon, semi-marathon, semi-sprint and sprint).

Sounds like someone has to do an experiment on some reenactors:D
See what the movement speeds are like

Upvote 0