• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Running RO Steam Achievements On Your Server

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Basic Info For Server Admins
So, the latest update for RO has incorporated Steam Achievements. This could bring a slew of people back to RO, but there is a bit of information about the new system that RO Server Admins need to be aware of. Basically, the new RO Steam Achievements system attempts to run on every RO server, but may or may not be allowed to run.

There are a couple requirements for a server to be allowed to give out Steam Achievements: the server must be VAC Secured and servers must only have supported code/mutators running(more info below). If Stats are successfully enabled on your server, a Gold Star will show up next to your server in RO's Server Browser.

Additionally, in order for players to progress toward unlocking Achievements or to unlock Achievements on your Stats enabled server, there must be 16 Human Players connected. The Gold Star in RO's Server Browser will show up even if there are not yet 16 Human Players connected to your server, but no progress will be made toward unlocking Achievements until 16 Human Players have connected to your server.

Mutator Support
In order to keep things as secure as possible, we have had to create a White List of Mutators that are allowed to run along-side Red Orchestra's Steam Achievements. This does not mean that Red Orchestra will not function if you have a mutator running that is not White Listed, it simply means that Steam Achievements will not be able to be unlocked by people playing on your server. An important note about this White List is that it is specific to a VERSION of the mutator.

When you launch your server, you will notice some new notifications that start with STEAMSTATS. This is the new system updating you on the Status of Steam Achievements on your server.

If everything starts up fine and all loaded mutators pass the check, you will get the following line:
STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled When Human Player Count > 16

If RO had an issue connecting to Steam or your server is not set as VAC Secure, you will get the following line:
SECURITY CHECK FAILED - Steam not Ready or Server not VAC Secure

If a mutator failed the check, you will get one or more lines similar to the following:
STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/MyMutator.u

If you would like Steam Achievements to work on your server, then for every mutator that failed the check you must either get the correct version of the file, or remove the file from your mutator list if it is not on the White List of files below.

Mutator White List
AHMT_ROVEHICLES.U
AHZ_ROGUNS.U
AHZ_ROVEHICLES_TWO.U
CCCORE.U
CCENGINE.U
CO_ISU152_BETAONE.U
CO_ISU152_FINAL.U
CO_STUGIIIG_BETAONE.U
DEMORECORD42.U
EH-M43_MOD.U
EH-M43UNIFORMS.U
EH-MACHINEGUNMOD.U
EH-MACHINEGUN2MOD.U
EH-MG42_MOD.U
EH-MG_MOD.U
DIVH_ROVEHICLES.U
G_HEER1KOLNOMOD.U
G_HEER2KOLNOMOD.U
G_LATE1STANDARDMOD.U
G_LATE2STANDARDMOD.U
G_LATE3STANDARDMOD.U
G_LATE4STANDARDMOD.U
G_LATE5STANDARDMOD.U
G_M43OAKCAMO1SSMOD.U
G_M43OAKCAMO2SSMOD.U
G_M43OAKCAMO3SSMOD.U
G_M43OAKCAMO4SSMOD.U
G_M43OAKCAMO5SSMOD.U
G_M43STANDARD1SSMOD.U
G_M43STANDARD2SSMOD.U
G_M43STANDARD3SSMOD.U
G_M43STANDARD4SSMOD.U
G_M43STANDARD5SSMOD.U
HEERWINTER.U
KOLNO_C.U
LIBHTTP4.U
MOZ_BDJCAMO_01.U
MUTROBLACKOUT.U
MUTROHUDPACKAGE.U
PZB783ROLES.U
R_LATE1GREATCOATMOD.U
R_LATE2GREATCOATMOD.U
R_LATE3GREATCOATMOD.U
R_LATE4GREATCOATMOD.U
R_LATE5GREATCOATMOD.U
R_LATE1STANDARDMOD.U
R_LATE2STANDARDMOD.U
R_LATE3STANDARDMOD.U
R_LATE4STANDARDMOD.U
R_LATE5STANDARDMOD.U
R_RKKASPRING1KOLNOMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATAMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATBMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATCMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATDMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATEMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATFMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATGMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATHMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATIMOD.U
RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATJMOD.U
RKKA_M41TELOGREIKAUNIFORMS.U
RMS_WEAPONS.U
RMSMUT.U
ROCAHUD.U
ROMUTATOR.U
RONG.U
ROTEAMREADY.U
ROTEAMSWAP.U
SATCHELPICKUP.U
SERVERADSSE.U
SERVEREXT.U
SERVEREXTCLIENTA.U
SERVEREXTCLIENTB_2.U
SERVEREXTOL.U
SHK_MORTAR_BETATWO.U
SHK_MORTAR_BETATHREE.U
SPAWNLIMIT32A.U
VOLKSSTURM.U
VS1MOD.U
VS2MOD.U
VS3MOD.U
VS4MOD.U
VS5MOD.U
VS6MOD.U
WAFFENSSCAMO44.U
WAFFENSSWINTER.U
WELTSTANKSKINS5.U
WELTSTANKSKINS6.U
WELTSTANKSKINS7.U
WHWINTER1MOD.U
WHWINTER2MOD.U
WHWINTER3MOD.U
WHWINTER4MOD.U
WHWINTER5MOD.U
WHWINTER6MOD.U
WHWINTER7MOD.U
WHWINTER8MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_1MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_2MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_3MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_4MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_5MOD.U
WSSCAMO44_6MOD.U
WSSCAMO44TANKER1MOD.U
WSSCAMO44TANKER2MOD.U
WSSCAMO44TANKER3MOD.U
WSSCAMO44TANKER4MOD.U
WSSCAMO44TANKER5MOD.U
WSSWINTER1MOD.U
WSSWINTER2MOD.U
WSSWINTER3MOD.U
WSSWINTER4MOD.U
WSSWINTER5MOD.U
WSSWINTER6MOD.U
WSSWINTER7MOD.U
WSSWINTER8MOD.U
WSSWINTERTANKER1MOD.U
WUTILS105.U
XBANMUT_V02B.U

Download Locations for Supported Versions
NOTE: (X) indicates a number or letter specifier for a set of packages

http://files.filefront.com/EH+M43+Modrar/;9521647;/fileinfo.html

Download Links for EH-MachineGunMod.U, EH-MG42_Mod.u, and EH-MG_Mod.u

Direct Download v110 of LibHTTP4.u, ServerExt.u, ServerExtClientA.u, ServerExtClientB_2.u, ServerExtOL.u, and wUtils105.u

Download ROCA Hud mod: ROCAHud.u

Direct Download of ServerAdsSE: ServerAdsSE.u

Direct Download of Ro Hud Mutator: MutROHudPackage.u

Direct Download of Team swap mutator by crube: ROTeamSwap.u

Direct Download of XBan Mutator: XBanMut_v02b.u

Direct Download of WSSWinter(X)MOD.u

Most other packages on the list were downloaded from the Polish Red Orchestra Map Repository

Additional Help
Please let us know if you have any issues and we will do our best to resolve them quickly. We would like to see most, if not all Red Orchestra servers supporting Steam Achievements.

So excuse my ignorance.....but I rent a server. Where will I see these files being rejected errr Steam Stats.

Where will I see Steam Stats and stuff being rejected?

For that matter, where will I see this new "Stats" thing be active? Its not really a mutator is it? I didnt see it in my list of mutators.

Im so confused. You world frightens and confuses me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So excuse my ignorance.....but I rent a server. Where will I see these files being rejected errr Steam Stats.

For that matter, where will I see this new "Stats" thing be active? Its not really a mutator is it? I didnt see it in my list of mutators.

Correct servers have a star infront of them.

You can see what files are rejected either in the log file or directly in the console of said server.

Upvote 0

You'll find it in the server log file.

I notice that running Carpathian Crosses appears to cause the Steamstats: Security Check to fail, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BartBear said:
"Please add to the 'White List' an harmless server color mutator (in web browser) because there is a problem with ServerColor.u file, and there are some servers which are using it... If U want to check it please do here
THX in advance"

I agree Bart, ServerColor is harmless and should be added to the whitelist.
Some ppl don't approve of it, but everybody should be free to choose whether to use it or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So any CC lines in the RO ini will not allow steam achievements to work?

eg:
[Default CC MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default CC
DefaultGameType=CCEngine.CCTeamGame
DefaultActive=0
<gc:list

text="%mapcycle%">Default<gc:value>
</gc:list>

Paths=../CC/System/*.u
Paths=../CC/Maps/*.rom
Paths=../CC/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../CC/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../CC/Music/*.umx
Paths=../CC/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../CC/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../CC/Saves/*.uvx

GameConfig=(GameClass="CCEngine.CCTeamGame",Prefix="RO",Acronym="ROCC",
GameName="Red Orchestra(CC)",Mutators="NONE",Options=)

Games=(GameType="CCEngine.CCTeamGame",ActiveMaplist="Default CC")

Any other CC lines to look for,I've taken out all according to the CC manual?

Upvote 0
We'll add support for ServerColor.u and HeerWinter.u, but can you please explain what aHMT_ROVehicles.u and DVScopedPickups.u are and/or link me to a descriptive web site.

Also, please link me to a download of ServerColor.u so we may add it.

The rest are available on red.orchestra.pl, so we will be using the version from that site, if/when we add support for the files.

Upvote 0
Well I directed you to servercolor package in this post:
Please add to the 'White List' an harmless server color mutator (in web browser) because there is a problem with ServerColor.u file, and there are some servers which are using it... If U want to check it please do here

about DVScopedPickups.u: this mut makes sniper rifles (in original version) to be pickable from 'stocks' like satchels or PanzerFausts it was created for AlteZiegelei map here it is in our repository

Upvote 0
The aHMT_ROVehicles contains the Tiger1E (Tiger 217 Carius) which is one of the best vehicles in RO. It is used on so many wintermaps (first on MuddyTigers and NarvaMarch). Here is a picture:

tiger217.jpg

The aHMT_ROVehicles can be downloaded at RO-Poland!

Here are two packages that would set on the list:

CO_StugIIIG_BetaOne.u

1195569424Ogledow-StugIIIG.jpg

CO_ISU152_Final.u (BetaOne is on the list, why not the final?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We'll add support for ServerColor.u and HeerWinter.u, but can you please explain what aHMT_ROVehicles.u and DVScopedPickups.u are and/or link me to a descriptive web site.

Also, please link me to a download of ServerColor.u so we may add it.

The rest are available on red.orchestra.pl, so we will be using the version from that site, if/when we add support for the files.
http://www.proasm.com/

Click on the blue Unreal Tournament 2004 icon on the left, and you'll find it

Direct download: http://www.proasm.com/files/ServerColor.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Q:
When the white list is expanded will Server Admins be supposed to do anything with servers? ...another updating, or just restart or maybe do nothing at all?

If we add additional whitelist mutator support, you'll just run HLDS and update your server again. We'll let you know when we do it so you can update your servers.

Upvote 0