• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Run gunning

Ok my post got sensored. I don't bother posting all the things I said. The thing is that moving while gunning is absolutely absurd. You can make complete change of direction without any delays or change of accuracy. There's no way that in any war people were dancing around each other and spraying.

Upvote 0
Centar said:
Actually, it is. When we're talking of distances of less than 10 meters, anyone can run and gun someone down at that range without the use of sights R/L. Actually its more difficult in RO than IRL.

I really don't think so, and I shoot fairly often.

Throw out everything you have seen from Hollywood.

Look at how all entry/Swat/HRT type teams practice. They are all looking over their sights. Even if a perfect sight picture is not maintained they are at least looking over the weapon at the target. They are not firing from the hip.

Firing while moving is a learned techniwue and not particularly easy. Ideally you will be doing the "Groucho Marx" duck walk where every step rolls from the back to the front of your foot. The goal is to keep your upper torso as steady as possibly while maintainging a constant walking speed. Shots are typically taken at the impact of either the left or right heel.

10 meters is not as easy as one thinks. Try holding a weapon at your hip at the range next time and trying to hit a man sized target at 10 meters. You may be surprised how hard it is without sights and that is standing still.

Upvote 0
Musketeer said:
I really don't think so, and I shoot fairly often.

Throw out everything you have seen from Hollywood.

Look at how all entry/Swat/HRT type teams practice. They are all looking over their sights. Even if a perfect sight picture is not maintained they are at least looking over the weapon at the target. They are not firing from the hip.

Firing while moving is a learned techniwue and not particularly easy. Ideally you will be doing the "Groucho Marx" duck walk where every step rolls from the back to the front of your foot. The goal is to keep your upper torso as steady as possibly while maintainging a constant walking speed. Shots are typically taken at the impact of either the left or right heel.

10 meters is not as easy as one thinks. Try holding a weapon at your hip at the range next time and trying to hit a man sized target at 10 meters. You may be surprised how hard it is without sights and that is standing still.
Second that. I dare anyone to try this.

Upvote 0
shooting my rifle from the hip at a target 25 yrds away i was actually very very surprised at how accurate i could be especially after i had shot a couple rounds to give me a feeling for where the rifle was pointing. Now if this was the rifle i had literally slept with for several years etc.... i have a feeling i would be a pretty darn good shot even from the hip... to the point where id never need to shoot a couple rounds to get my bearings.

If anything its harder in ROOST to aim accuratly from the hip.

Upvote 0
What I've said is based on previous shooting experience.

The recoil on the SMG's, especially the Russian SMG's is also WAY exaggerated. R/L you could walk your fire onto the target when still or even moving, but in ROOST its not possible because even a burst of 5 bullets will throw the PPSH bullets like half the way off your screen. At short ranges, of course.

Upvote 0
SingeDebile said:
shooting my rifle from the hip at a target 25 yrds away i was actually very very surprised at how accurate i could be especially after i had shot a couple rounds to give me a feeling for where the rifle was pointing. Now if this was the rifle i had literally slept with for several years etc.... i have a feeling i would be a pretty darn good shot even from the hip... to the point where id never need to shoot a couple rounds to get my bearings.

If anything its harder in ROOST to aim accuratly from the hip.
Do it like they taught to soldiers. Put the stock against your hip or in armpit so that the muzzle is aligned with your eyes. If you want to point the weapon in other direction turn the whole body. Should give pretty accurate results. Hipshooting in roost is completely wrong because the weapon is at your side not in front.

When you got hold of that try to run at the same time, all kinds of directions and if you got semiauto rifle, then of course try to shoot as rapidly you can. Then tell results how you managed.

Upvote 0