• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rumor Mill

Rumor Mill

• Red Orchestra 2

Votes: 187 60.9%
  • A World War 1 Game

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • A Vietnam War Game

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • A game based on a revolutionary war (Chinese, south american, etc)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • A game based on modern wars

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • A war game in a sci-fi universe

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Something Completely different (read:non of the above)

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
i doubt they will do another RO. Just because theres not a huge market for it. So im kinda hoping something modern and realistic. If not that a WW2 fps that includes more then just russia and germany. would be neat to see everyone that was in the war in a game.

Some sort of modern warfare thing would be neat as well just as long as they didnt use vehicles. Modern target and guidance systems = boring gameplay Just randomly blowing up because someone over the horizon shot you wouldnt be much fun.

I dont think they would do vietnam mostly just because its not all that great of a war to make into a game. vietcong did a decent job but it never got popular. Jungle war is just too hectic and it cant be done realisticly. The whole idea of secret tunnels will only work for the first few times someone plays a map then everyone knows where they all are and theres no more surprise.

World war 1 would never make a good fps game. too much of a stalemate. Trench warefare isnt that much fun when theres 200 yards of nomans land in the middle of the the two sets of trenches.

Woo how about a western game. outlaws vs lawmen! Black powder cap and ball pistols that take 60 seconds or so to load and can fill a room with smoke. The silent sniper type... indian with a bow and arrow hiding in a bush. ok i think im the only one twisted enough to like something like that but it would be amusing for me at least.

Upvote 0
Realistic sci fi is just believeable sci fi, something thats not just complete fantasy in cool futuristic locations or with some other appeal.
An example for comparison would be

Battlestar Galactica = Realistic Sci-Fi
Star Wars = Fantasy Sci Fi

I too would love to see a proper squad shooter in the Warhammer universe, but I sincerely doubt that'll ever happen due to Games Workshops whore like ways.

As for RO2. I don't think you're giving this the proper thought.
There is so much left for Red Orchestra.

Upvote 0
The words "realistic" and "sci-fi," do not belong in the same sentence.

Please enlighten me on how to make a Realistic Science-Fiction shooter.

I guess the REAL term is "suspension of disbelief".

Cold War, Cold War, Cold War gone hot! NVA paratroopers taking NATO airfields, Soviet Tank Army crashing trough Fulda Gap, Poles D-daying Denmark, Hungarian People's Army fighting Alpini troops...

Upvote 0
Take a look at Battlefront's "Drop Team" - which is a pretty realistic Sci-Fi Wargame that sticks to known physics and belivable tech. Even runs under Linux, is at the heart a tactical wargame that allows first person control over units.

Personally I'd prefer to see a singleplayer expansion/mod/addon for RO, where the bots have enough brains (or can be scripted in a nice mission editor) to be belivable opponents.

That would allow vastly different scenarios to be played than we have right now.

Upvote 0

Has there even been a ww1 game? I can only remember Red Baron 3D and that was airplanes!
No FPS. WW1 would be sweet. And you could get to use this: :drool:
And those huge watercooled MGs, yeah baby keep it coming no overheating hahaa!
Have troops to drop ammo and more water to keep the mg going, if you run out of water, the barrel gets hot and you can't fire anymore.

bolo1.jpg

Upvote 0
Someone mentioned a Wild-West shooter, which imo would be cool if done the RO-way, i.e. on the realistic side of gaming. Peacemakers, Sharps buffalo-rifles, gatling guns, bows, bowie-knives and all sorts :cool:

That aside, I would LOVE RO2 and if not I'd like a WW3 game - post-apocalypic landscapes with make-shift vehicles and a wide array of weaponry, from old to new. Think Fallout + Mad Max + That 80-ies move about ww3 which rocked when I was a kid (anyone remember its name?) + RO!

Or even better, a WW3 game set in the 50ies and 60ies! Cuba crisis set off a nuclear war!

Upvote 0
I think the devs are preparing a very large amount of drugs... rolling as many magical cigarettes as possible... because...

Soon, they will all unite and have some fun together at a lan party...
That we know...

But... after the LAN party, they will start using their mass drugs... and figure out the new game.

Do you people really think artists who come up with such fantastic music, movies, videogames are sober ???

Take Alice in wonderland for example :D

To be serious... I pray for a

"What if the Cold War gone bad game"

Upvote 0
I would highly doubt theyll move from the ww2 theme due to their huge knowledge and expertise in it. However the next game shouldnt be called RO2 simply for the fact that for some players out there (the nutters btw ;)) dont enjoy RO and associate it with either the mod or the early buggy days of roost.

Anyone who likes roost will know what twi are up to and new players pay more attention to a new name game.

Upvote 0
^^ i completely agree with Spraduke; the Devs that made RO are just like the average RO player: WW2 freaks! (just look at the poll result) if you make something that is soo good, you don't go and make something different, that would be... stupid!
i assume it will be a completely new WW2 game, there is ALOT of room for innovation(200 man servers, damagable ground and buildings, customisable player outfit/face/size/clothes...)
all the other sci-fi, futuristic game ideas that have been suggested already exist

Upvote 0