• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-Bataan

Hahahaha I joined the full 40-1 server and learned a lot.
As it havent been tested with humans the full server was a good experience to
gather live players feedback.

As usual there where loads of "This map sucks" and "This is annoying"." Yeah mappers often experience warm feedback from players who play new stuff provided for free. I also noticed many people really like to know where the map takes place.

I forgot to mention the delay in spawns in the release post. The full server showed this needs some work. I'm thinking of a temporary spawn for that, but need to think this out.

Stuff what defenatly needs work:

- Spawndistances.
- Spawnarea delay.
- Reinforcements.
- Cover for Allies.
- MG cover placement.
- Artillery radio timer. (very weird i did not notice)
- Weapon load out. The knee mortar id deadly.
- Polish. I finally found my floating big tree.

Upvote 0
Hahahaha I joined the full 40-1 server and learned a lot.
As it havent been tested with humans the full server was a good experience to
gather live players feedback.

As usual there where loads of "This map sucks" and "This is annoying"." Yeah mappers often experience warm feedback from players who play new stuff provided for free. I also noticed many people really like to know where the map takes place.

This map does NOT suck at all. I played it today as well and I enjoyed it. I understand It's an alpha so you will have to add more grass and stuff, fix some bugs and it will be great map. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Thanks Drecks! A great map.

It was real nice getting to play this yesterday on the 40-1 server.

Some points that first came to my mind:

• First village is maybe too easy to cap due close US spawn.
  • Map needs a bit more small obstacles/cover like rocks and bushes. Now its a bit too clean and you can spot people instantly (don't overdo this though, I like the open style of the map:)). More small shapes.
  • E-objective (defense line) can be capped from the river.
  • Combat zone restrictions are bashing the defenders and you don't have time to retreat.
  • Some bushes on top of the rocks are blocking bullets.
Maybe there should be a trench running from the E-defense line to it's parallel objective (destroyed village?) or through the hill towards hangar? With the minimum cover it is a slaughter when you try to get in E as jap. You have to run downhill to get there while the enemy has the high ground on the opposite side. It doesn't make much sense as it is a prepared position and these kind of things were sure thought throughout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Drecks! A great map.

It was real nice getting to play this yesterday on the 40-1 server.

Some points that first came to my mind:

• First village is maybe too easy to cap due close US spawn.
  • Map needs a bit more small obstacles/cover like rocks and bushes. Now its a bit too clean and you can spot people instantly (don't overdo this though, I like the open style of the map:)). More small shapes.
  • E-objective (defense line) can be capped from the river.
  • Combat zone restrictions are bashing the defenders and you don't have time to retreat.
  • Some bushes on top of the rocks are blocking bullets.
Maybe there should be a trench running from the E-defense line to it's parallel objective (destroyed village?) or through the hill towards hangar? With the minimum cover it is a slaughter when you try to get in E as jap. You have to run downhill to get there while the enemy has the high ground on the opposite side. It doesn't make much sense as it is a prepared position and these kind of things were sure thought throughout.

Some good points. The E defense line sure needs some work.

========================================================================

I only like to mention this point you made.
[*]Combat zone restrictions are bashing the defenders and you don't have time to retreat.

Combat zone restrictions I added a delay in these combat zone restrictions. (Spawn protection)

Normal situation is when defenders loose an objective new objectives opens up and defender spawns move back and attacker spawns move forward which will activate a new spawnprotection.

In this map when the objectives are lost new objectives gets activated and 1 of the two spawns will move. The spawnprotection however has a 40 seconds delay. When the 40 seconds are over 2th spawn will open up and the spawnprotection gets activated which will give you another 18 seconds to retreat. So its not that the defenders don't have time to retreat. They just do not retreat when the new objectives are activated. In Rakowice I used this on screen warning telling the defenders to retreat. But to me the fact new to defend objectives opens is a warning enough. Guess I will add the onscreen warning in the update.

========================================================================

On the 40-1 server I noticed something odd. The Artillery delay was 16 minutes for Allies and almost 40 minutes for Axis. When I play the map local the time is correct. Very weird.

About adding more stuff. First concer was performance. I needed to know how it behave before I go wild on adding more
assets everywhere.

Already fixed:

Bulletproof bushes.
Some MG positions.
Decreased map time.
Increased reinforcement.

Thanks keep it coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Map needs a bit more small obstacles/cover like rocks and bushes. Now its a bit too clean and you can spot people instantly (don't overdo this though, I like the open style of the map:)). More small shapes.

I concur. I really like the open style of the map but if you do add more cover, let it be small concealment items such as bushes. Much more than that and you would really alter the gameplay of the map.

Upvote 0
Try tonight at the same time.

I have another nightshift tonight so I need little nap before this.

Tomorrow will be great. I will have an update done by than.
So far it will have:

- Tweaked spawndistance some are longer.
- Longer captime for Obj. A
- Objective E some smaller. Not in the river.
- More logic approach for Axis to Obj. E
- More smaller cover.
- More cover approaching F.
- Temporary spawn for allies when Obj B and C are captured.
- Added text warning to benefite the spawndelay.
- Fixed Bulletproof bushes.
- Tweaked map playtime and reinforcements.

To do:

Get a replacement for the riceplant model. So they can be combined.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0