• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RSTE-AlligatorCreekBeta

updated:)

-v2 change log

:I discarded the insistence to the river, was modified for the balance.
And I have put some rocks in the river.

:add an arty and smoke at the map start for axis banzai.

:I decided to use the matinee to change in light of the map, changes in the current light is smooth.

:add arty both team

:add Allies some HMG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I managed to play it twice today with allies winning both times,but only just.
Very nice map with loads of cover and nice effects.

Their was a bit of confusion at the start as to who was attacking who and spawning in the capzone for the attackers is novel.
But the firefight across the river was very good, and the capzones weren't too big to defend.
I will have to play it some more to give feedback on balance but it looks like a good map.
As for people not liking night maps ,the problem is as soon as the map starts half the players immediately said they were turning up their brightness to make it easy to spot enemies. Leaving the rest of us squinting to see enemy movement,so its more to do with human nature(some of them like to cheat) then the map quality.
I personally like the dark maps but it means I am at a disadvantage.

Upvote 0
I managed to play it twice today with allies winning both times,but only just.
Very nice map with loads of cover and nice effects.

Their was a bit of confusion at the start as to who was attacking who and spawning in the capzone for the attackers is novel.
But the firefight across the river was very good, and the capzones weren't too big to defend.
I will have to play it some more to give feedback on balance but it looks like a good map.
As for people not liking night maps ,the problem is as soon as the map starts half the players immediately said they were turning up their brightness to make it easy to spot enemies. Leaving the rest of us squinting to see enemy movement,so its more to do with human nature(some of them like to cheat) then the map quality.
I personally like the dark maps but it means I am at a disadvantage.

thanks for report:)
I have set the morning in the next version, about AM5:00.
and made a dynamic Sky, will not be probably feel the dark.

Upvote 0
Based on two rounds I managed to play yesterday, this map seems quite balanced and entertaining. I was actually playing on same server as Mikee. :D

What I first considered strange was that it was the allies that were attacking as this battle is mostly known for it's Japanese assault. Although now that you are making it non-nighttime, it's much more fitting as it seems like to depict the allied counterattack on the next day, that fighting area also fits like a glow for that part of the battle.

I bet you have read about this already, but here goes anyways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Tenaru

Upvote 0
Based on two rounds I managed to play yesterday, this map seems quite balanced and entertaining. I was actually playing on same server as Mikee. :D

What I first considered strange was that it was the allies that were attacking as this battle is mostly known for it's Japanese assault. Although now that you are making it non-nighttime, it's much more fitting as it seems like to depict the allied counterattack on the next day, that fighting area also fits like a glow for that part of the battle.

I bet you have read about this already, but here goes anyways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Tenaru

I was unable remodeling of Sky until recently:eek:
This map will evolve in the next version.

Upvote 0
Updated:)

I've tried a texture change of Sky by time, but did not work online:eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEvnoqfZLs
So I was discontinued this.

V3 Change log

: dynamic time lights(moving moon, dynamic map lights)
: add objective E, became medium map from the small map
: optimize flares
: optimize mesh for player FPS value

Maybe last beta ver.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

I and some of the TWB folks played a couple of rounds today. Everyone loves the lighting, and the scope of the map. Each team won one, so I don't think balance is any sort of problem. I also noted that at times the spawn points for each side are close. This leads to interesting and prolonged pitched battles at times. One person commented that this map looks far more polished than you might expect for a beta. Very good job.

Upvote 0
>>G_Sajer
Thank a report, I'm glad it is going well!:)

>>7-CLOWN-7
Thanks add:)

ahhh sorry 2 spawn protection had floated!
fixed it, sorry!

v4
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_4EV9zX5I9Rblg1MXItc2FYZlE&export=download

:D No need to apologize. I thought the result was kind of interesting.

I was noodling with a few TWB guys today, and tomorrow at about 2pm CST I am going to do an exclusive showcase of this map for an hour or two. The TWB guys are going to do a broadcast invite on some of our severs to go over to TWI's Crucible to participate in this rumble. Get involved if you can.
I don't know how many we'll get but it will be a good time for the author to evaluate.

Upvote 0