• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RS Map Contest Checkpoint Alpha Submissions Open

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Submissions for the Rising Storm "Banzai" Custom Map Making Competition "Checkpoint Alpha" are now open. The deadline for Checkpoint Alpha was originally today by noon EST. Due to several of our key staff being on airplanes returning from PAX we've decided to move this deadline back a couple of days to Thursday, September 5th at 12 noon EST. So please get your maps submitted by then. Remember, this checkpoint is optional, but HIGHLY recommended. You essentially get a chance for the judges to give you feedback that could greatly increase your chances at winning in the final phase. The submission form can be found here:

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/rising-storm-community-map-making-competition-2013/

Please submit both cooked and uncooked versions of our maps, server and client files please.

Good luck everyone, we're super excited to see what you have created!!!

hello, thx a lot. but whats the point with damaged maps and the map that can't be upload to workshop?

should we send in the last version or the newest version, with the not fixible bugs atm?

You should submit a playable version of your map, as if it isn't playable there is no way for us to evaluate its gameplay. Maps submitted for this checkpoint as supposed to be available to the public, per the contest rules.

If you are having issues either uploading or fixing bugs in your map you can also request help from Tripwire staff. StragoMagus may be able to help you with Steam workshop issues, and Swag may be able to help you with bugs. And if all else fails PM Yoshiro.

Regards,

John

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. Talked with Ramm about that.i send the Files via e-MAIL.

Check and thanks gonnna do this today or tomorrow. Not at home this weekend :D

I think mine got through, had something pop up say "successful" but then it disappeared

maybe you make the same mistake like me. and put your download link to map's name field? :D there i had sucess too.

Upvote 0
That's really confusing. You'd think with a name like "Rising Storm Community Map Making Competition 2013" that it'd be a Pacific-only contest. That was the reason I switched from working on my Karelia map to a Philippines one. Not that I'm complaining; I've found working on the RS one to be a bit more fun, but this is really information that should be made clear in the contest information.

Upvote 0
They did not clearly said it on the topic.. maybe to let people think about creating a RS map :D but on the official website it is clearly written that the map must be RO/RS ;)

edit:
WHO CAN ENTER – The contest is open to individual map makers and teams of level designers and environmental artists of all ages who create original maps for the retail PC game Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0