• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS at Prague'n'Play, June 29th

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Header_Jun28_s.jpg

Rising Storm will be in attendance at 1C's Prague'n'Play event for the European games press in Prague on June 29th.

At that event, we will be revealing to the press there the first screenshots of Rising Storm. This will be an exclusive to the journalists there but more screenies will be appearing on our own site's galleries a few days later.

It has been a wait but these screenshots are worth it.

You can get a full-size version of the poster HERE

Last edited:
Hmmm... let's see, let me do some detective work.

USMC private - Speaks for itself.

Ija Ittohei - Japanese private first class. (Or maybe more like this?)

M1 Garand - You know what this is.

Type 38 Arisaka - Japanese infantry rifle (standard issue?).

M3A1 Stuart - The tank you see in the pic.

Type 95 Ha-Go - Japanese light tank.

Peleliu - Battle of Peleliu, one of the maps.

Nhpum Ga - A battle fought by 'Merril's Marauders', a US special operations unit. Part of the Burma Campaign.

In April, the Marauders were ordered by General Stilwell to take up a blocking position at Nhpum Ga and hold it against Japanese attacks, a conventional defensive action for which the unit had not been equipped. At times surrounded, the Marauders coordinated their own battalions in mutual support to break the siege after a series of fierce assaults by Japanese forces. At Nhpum Ga, the Marauders killed 400 Japanese soldiers, while suffering 57 killed in action, 302 wounded, and 379 incapacitated due to illness and exhaustion. Seventy-five of the unit's two hundred mules were killed by artillery and mortar fire.
http://www.javadc.org/in_action_in_the_china.htm

The Siege at Nhpum Ga.
About a month later; when we encountered superior enemy forces in the Hukawng valley, we were ordered to move up to a hilltop hamlet called Nhpum Ga. The enemy surrounded us and the siege of Nhpum Ga began. One night, crawling over our lines and through our perimeter, I infiltrated behind enemy lines in an attempt to pick up intelligence and overheard enemy plans to attack Lt. Edward McLogan's area at dawn. I returned and reported what I had overheard to our commanding officer who ordered the relocation of our positions further up the hill and the booby trapping of our empty foxholes.
As expected, the enemy made an all out assault up the hill at dawn. We held our fire until the enemy charged into the line of foxholes. We then opened with some fifty automatic weapons -- heavy and light machine guns, BARs, Thompson sub-machine guns, and M4 rifles-as well as carbines and hand grenades. The second wave of the enemy troops hesitated in confusion. At that moment, I stood up and gave the order to attack in Japanese. The troops obeyed my order and they were mowed down.* And so we were able to break the siege, defeat an enemy superior in numbers, and survive until the 1st and 3rd Battalions joined us. Therefore, I was able to contribute to saving the 2nd Battalion twice. As a result, we were able to march down to Myitkyina air strip and capture it. By doing so, we attained our final objective of providing a link to a reopened Burma Road.
Mission accomplished.
Looking forward to the info / media!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah ! Someone knows in which languages Rising Storm will be translated?
(It would not bother me if it is english,but i would like to see it in my native language too^^)

Anyway, only 3 days left to wait !! :p

If you are Japanese then I can guarantee we will have something for you.

Japanese Voice Sample

Upvote 0