• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RQ - Port LOTD characters and zombies

Valken

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
Request - is it possible to port the player models from LOTD over to KF as a mutator and add it, not replace, it into the game so players can select it? It should use the KF animation I would think.

Also, would it be possible to port the shambling zombies over from LOTD to KF as an addon monster, like the Brute or Hellfire?

Just nice to have this variation with the specimens.

hmm yes. Well here are some basic steps :

1. Export all the .psk models from LOTD.

2. Instal 3ds max with the Actor X plugin and the ActorXimporter script.

3. You could simply use the original aniamtions of KF and reskin for instance the clot. (this also has been done by Braindead...I believe he made 3 different clot variants with the LOTD models) So import the clot psk with the importer and overlay the LOTD model. Scale it to fit the Clot, copy and paste the Skin modifier and export it again.

4. Open the KF SDK, and create a new texture for it.(you can simply use the one from LOTD).

5. Copy meshproperties and notifiers of the Clot and import the psk model into the sdk. (save as a new package) Paste the meshproperties and the notifiers, and hook the the skin up with the texture pack youve made.

6. Go to KFMod and KFChar folder in your common/killingfloor folder and create a folder on your desktop (Desktop/folder/Classes) and copy the folllowing UC files from KFMod and KFChar :

ZombieClot
ZombieClotBase

Rename everything within these files to reference your model. (like mesh/texture or sounds) ALSO THE FILES :

Like :

ZombieWoman
ZombieWomanBase

But watch out when the files call uppon core files like KFMonster and stuff, you might want to leave those alone for now.

7. Create a mutator within Classes that places your Zombie with the rest.

8. Create a Compiler in desktop/folder (NOT Classes!)

9. Compile and debug.

Now this sounds all very easy, explained in 9 steps. But its not lol. Its trail and error...but also very addictive...specially when your model is actually running arround in game...very satisfying hehe :)

Good luck!

ps : And credit where credit is due. I only model and create textures. The Fatale/Bastard/Hellfire are mine yes....but the Brute I only did animations/modelling and textures. Benjamin/Braindead/Webley did the hard work like coding and projectmanagement....which im not so good at lol. Also the Shiver is coded by Benjamin. I get allot of help from all the modders too...like Marco/BD/Benji etc. Without them we wouldnt have that many mods hehe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmm yes. Well here are some basic steps :

1. Export all the .psk models from LOTD.

2. Instal 3ds max with the Actor X plugin and the ActorXimporter script.

3. You could simply use the original aniamtions of KF and reskin for instance the clot. (this also has been done by Braindead...I believe he made 3 different clot variants with the LOTD models) So import the clot psk with the importer and overlay the LOTD model. Scale it to fit the Clot, copy and paste the Skin modifier and export it again.

4. Open the KF SDK, and create a new texture for it.(you can simply use the one from LOTD).

5. Copy meshproperties and notifiers of the Clot and import the psk model into the sdk. (save as a new package) Paste the meshproperties and the notifiers, and hook the the skin up with the texture pack youve made.

6. Go to KFMod and KFChar folder in your common/killingfloor folder and create a folder on your desktop (Desktop/folder/Classes) and copy the folllowing UC files from KFMod and KFChar :

ZombieClot
ZombieClotBase

Rename everything within these files to reference your model. (like mesh/texture or sounds) ALSO THE FILES :

Like :

ZombieWoman
ZombieWomanBase

But watch out when the files call uppon core files like KFMonster and stuff, you might want to leave those alone for now.

7. Create a mutator within Classes that places your Zombie with the rest.

8. Create a Compiler in desktop/folder (NOT Classes!)

9. Compile and debug.

Now this sounds all very easy, explained in 9 steps. But its not lol. Its trail and error...but also very addictive...specially when your model is actually running arround in game...very satisfying hehe :)

Good luck!

ps : And credit where credit is due. I only model and create textures. The Fatale/Bastard/Hellfire are mine yes....but the Brute I only did animations/modelling and textures. Benjamin/Braindead/Webley did the hard work like coding and projectmanagement....which im not so good at lol. Also the Shiver is coded by Benjamin. I get allot of help from all the modders too...like Marco/BD/Benji etc. Without them we wouldnt have that many mods hehe.

Where exactly are these .psk located? I cant find them in my LOTD folder :S

Upvote 0