• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RPG themed items?

Lanliss

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2020
I am a huge fan of RPGs, in the vein of D&D (Tabletop version), and thought they would be a great addition to Killing Floor 2. Some items could be reskinned, while new items could be added. here are a few ideas I had

Husk Fireball launcher: Staff of Fireballs
Hemoclobber: Cleric's Mace of healing
Mace and Shield: Knights sword and shield
Grenade launcher: Alchemist bombs

These are all I thought of off the top of my head, but they could also come with some character gear that looks rpg inspired as well to fit these items.

If I'm not mistaken, steampunk-themed items weren't that well received in KF1, precisely because they looked a bit wonky in a modern or near-future setting. But then, I guess making them mere skins could work somehow? Maybe premium skins even, since they'd be more than a paint job.

I don't see it happening, but at the same time, I don't see how it would truly hurt the game. Hell, it might make for a funny event if they desire to spice up the formula a little bit. I love the Summer and Christmas events but they are becoming a bit same-y...

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, steampunk-themed items weren't that well received in KF1, precisely because they looked a bit wonky in a modern or near-future setting. But then, I guess making them mere skins could work somehow? Maybe premium skins even, since they'd be more than a paint job.

I don't see it happening, but at the same time, I don't see how it would truly hurt the game. Hell, it might make for a funny event if they desire to spice up the formula a little bit. I love the Summer and Christmas events but they are becoming a bit same-y...

My girlfriend had an idea to take it even further, though it would be more labor intensive. There could be an RPG themed event, where enemies are changed into classic rpg monsters. It fits great, giant spiders for crawlers, orcs for gorefasts, a nice lich-like enemy as Siren.

I would personally find it quite fun, and I don't think that people dressing up as wizards and knights is any more strange than being able to go out and fight in pajamas.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0