• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Rotating the pivot of a door?

YEAH SO, IF I compile it with the doors open and play the map, the doors are open in game, then i walk up to close them and they instantaniously close.....instantaniously, almost link an end of round reset but at the start of the first round only. if i compile them closed, they act normal. but I'd like these doors to default to open each round, how?

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin and Fel
Upvote 0
workaround

workaround

Problem:
I was having the same issue with a cellar door at a 45 degree angle in maya, and couldn't figure out why the rotation tool was staying parallel to the x,y axis of the world and not the parallel to the door at 45 degree angle. I figured out it was due to the fact that I froze the transforms, zeroing it at the 45 degree mark(I imagine the same would happen if you model it at a 45 degree angle as well)...so when i went to rotate the door it would swing in funky directions and the tool wouldn't line up parallel with the door.
Solution:
I just manually reset the door standing straight up and down the y axis, then froze transforms, then rotated it back into the 45 degree position on the cellar(without freezing transforms this time)...whoila a rotation tool that rotates parallel with the door now. You are welcome ^^.:eek:

Upvote 0
Problem:
I was having the same issue with a cellar door at a 45 degree angle in maya, and couldn't figure out why the rotation tool was staying parallel to the x,y axis of the world and not the parallel to the door at 45 degree angle. I figured out it was due to the fact that I froze the transforms, zeroing it at the 45 degree mark(I imagine the same would happen if you model it at a 45 degree angle as well)...so when i went to rotate the door it would swing in funky directions and the tool wouldn't line up parallel with the door.
Solution:
I just manually reset the door standing straight up and down the y axis, then froze transforms, then rotated it back into the 45 degree position on the cellar(without freezing transforms this time)...whoila a rotation tool that rotates parallel with the door now. You are welcome ^^.:eek:
3 year old thread.

Upvote 0