• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RORoleInfo FAQ

Is it possible to have two or more of the same kind of RORoleInfo in your map, but with slightly diferent setup.

EG.

Unlimited "ROTankCrew"- with pistol, two grenades.
Limited (2) "ROTankCrew"- with rifle, two grenades, binoculars
Limited (2) "ROTankCrew"- with rifle, two grenades, satchelcharge

etc

I tried this kind of thing but i got a crashbug (loop of 250+ iterations)- it seems the engine got confused with the number of each class it had spawned and couldn't decide what to spawn next, so it crashed.

I think I remember seeing this setup somewhere for rilfemen- for the K98Carbine- maybe in the mod. If anyone has done this kind of setup before could they let me know how.

Thnx.

worluk said:
But you could with little work create some modified RoleInfos which you could include in your level :)
With a different naming, it shouldnt be a problem.
The level is a large tank map, so i need to have as many ROTankers as possble. If I could include a few variants with extra kit it would increase the number of tank crew. In this map if you dont have wheels you wont get to the action easily.

I was wanting some tank crew to have satchel charges, some to have binoculars, some with rifles, some with smg, not too many but enough that some extra basic roles could be covered without sacrificing tankers.

Since a package in UT can effectivly contain anything(so I understand- the file extentions are there for identication only) would it be possible to compile a script extending the RORoleinfo, and save it into the .rom(map) file instead of the .u package. Maybe into the mylevel package. I havent written any scripts yet- I will release a beta of the map with standard roles first- less chance of a stuffup.

EDIT:

Thank the wiki

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Embedding_Code

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i havent tried, but concluding from the size of the .u file (and i highly doubt it would be much more) i'd say 4-200kb (a single new actor with pawn i made is 4KB, the RO Roles in total are 160KB). Depending what actors you subclass and especially how much new stuff you add in there.

@*7GA* Nestor Makhno, i will write something up and post it here. I would be willing to help you with some of the code for your black sea project, yet atm RL is really a ***** and i dont have much time for fun coding... :(

Upvote 0