• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code ROPawnSoundGroup

worluk

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Hi,

im doing an actor atm that references the DamageTypes.
When i check only my newActor package in wotgreal it gives me an error that it cant find, for example, ROArtilleryDamType. When i check the ROEngine package too, where the DamTypes are declared, it starts to compile the ROEngine new.
I wouldnt have a problem with that as long as my other package compiles, but, the ROEngine compilation always hangs when it tried to import the defaults for ROPawnSoundGroup.

It has to be something incredible simple, but i dont see it atm. Some help would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not the only person with this issue. Somewhat comforting, but still frustrating.

I've been able to get by the import issue/error by removing the ROEngine.dll from the system directory but I then get a whole new error in WOTgreal. See below. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a noob question. Didn't find anything in the unreal wiki.

:(
'ROEngine' is not a DLL package; can't find export 'intAVehicleWeaponPawnexecUpdateTurretRotation'

History: UPackage::GetDllExport <- UFunction::Bind <- Function/Operator <- FScriptCompiler::CompileDeclaration <- FScriptCompiler::CompileStatement <- FirstPass <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class ROEngine.VehicleWeaponPawn, Pass 0, Line 94) <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! So how do the Tripwire dev's compile this then? :)

I am trying to help Slyk on the Berezina map. We'd like to have two lines of attack with two routes of seperate objectives. When one route of objectives are taken we'd like force the state of the objectives in the other route to change to the other team.

In looking through the code, it appeared we could add properties (to hold the objective numbers we want to change state, not de-activate) to the MasterObjectiveManager class and then add code into the ObjectiveStateChanged function. Again, this was a thought, but if we can not compile the ROEngine package it pretty much kiils that idea.

I'm obviously new to unreal coding but a VB.net coder by trade. I'm dangerously familiar with C++ and C#.

Any thoughts on how to do this would be great. My next try is to throw an event out of the specific objective to change the other objective's state.

Upvote 0
the devs have the native code sources ;)

you dont need to compile the ROEngine.
You can subclass the ObjectiveManager (stored in a new package), and place that actor on the map.

Never create any file in one of the stock packages, and you wont have to compile them. A package only needs to be compiled when something is changed in there.

Upvote 0
i did something in a similar direction for our map, though i did not change the state.
I havent looked in the ObjManager tbh. cause i needed multiple satchel objectives to work together and thats something not handled there.

What you could do is to create your own little actor that manages those switches. The side switches shouldnt be that hard. You just would have to call the appropriate functions of the actors.

Basically i would have and actor with an array (or 2 arrays if you have 2 routes/groups) which gets the names of the Objects on the map.
Probably a subclass of the ObjectiveManager would be suited best here since it is probably informed about the statechange and you could overload the function there to switch the state of the other objectives.

Just some pointers :)

I think it can be done by coding and overloading certain actors and maybe creating some new.

Upvote 0