• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROOST is fading...

I don't really agree with some of his points. He seems to think the fact that ROOST is a combination of a realistic MMO and a regular FPS makes it bad. I think that is what makes the game special. I don't want an MMO, or a DoD. I want the ROOST, a realistic WW2 fps.

Different strokes, different folks.

Upvote 0
Markov said:
I don't know, every day there are less servers and less people. Hopefully this trend will reverse.
I would tend to disagree given that ROO has slowly been gaining player numbers depending on where the "gaming hours" are in the world at any give time. ROO shoots up in the rankings when its Euro hours and goes down during the US hours.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
@#$% that review...there are enough people playing for me that's all I can say.

If you wanna play some map can you easily find bot-free populated server that is currently running this map? Anytime you want to?

Let's take 10 best maps, a 2-3 full servers running each map, you need 600-900 people being online any time. But its not fking happening...

Upvote 0
In Australia/NZ the servers are holding steady at 2-3 full servers, that may not sound a lot but a lot of people come and go and you may not see them for a week and they will pop up again. Perhaps this reflects a older more casual community.

Also there is really 2-3 proper clans in Aus/NZ i do not think it is fading or growing but the real issue was the lack of release in stores compared to a internet only release, this has probably really effected purchase in Australia.

Does any of my clan mates even think of going to another game (most of them are from other games and not hardcore Rooers) Nup not even thinking about it.

I do think that one thing that would help RO more then anything is a lot more maps, this game is made for diversity of maps rather then CS:S or COD which is same map over and over again.

I would put RO more akin to Operation Flashpoint then COD or CS

Upvote 0
I can only say from my own point of view but coming from a DOD/ DODS clan that more than half of the active members have come over to ROOST I would have to say that the reviewer sounds like a Counter Strike Queen and was way out of his league the moment he downloaded this piece of war gaming perfection!:eek:

Upvote 0