Rolling while prone

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
As an evasive maneuver, I think it'd be nice to see players who are prone be able to move. By double tapping the same direction for lean, the player would perform a short roll off to the side, at the cost of some stamina points (so as to counter, say, groups of rolling Russians).

Thoughts?

Jaesperson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2005
i always wanted to say that: try rolling with 30 pounds of clumsy gear around your waist.

ok, thats not my point of view, i just didnt want to give anyone else the chance to say that, i think rolling is cool. if theres such things as diving to prone or through windows (which would be cool to see in some video (hint to beta testers)) why shouldnt there be rolling?

SOAD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 10, 2006
rolling FTW! would be cool when a tank is about to run you over to roll out of the way last second!

RamHorn

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
Perth, Scotland
Jaesperson said:
i always wanted to say that: try rolling with 30 pounds of clumsy gear around your waist
To anyone who thinks that , I think if an MG just swiveled round to face you, you would be rolling as fast as you can, gear or no gear.

Tanis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
As much as I hate to make comparisons between the two games, America's Army has a 'roll' feature. All it ever does is stop you from being able to fire, and causing the person shooting at you to adjust his aim a foot to the left/right.

A cool feature, I agree, but ultimatly useless.

Dav1d

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 17, 2006
Bournemouth, Uk
sounds good as long as its implemented properly. I remember in the black hawk down game it look awful from a 1st person perspective just a perfect 360 roll, it looked too clean.

Stiler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
TN
I could see it be useful for when you're beside cover and prone and shooting, then someone opens up on you and you need to quickly roll back behind cover.

stoneyHSL-48

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2005
I play AA, too. The roll is to get you back behind cover pronto. You're right about the enemy adjusting his aim if you're out in the open. The roll is useless in the open.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
That's the thing. Sometimes I'll miss my first shot, and I can't move off to the side while prone fast enough before the other guy gets his rifle/weapon aimed at me and kills me.

Richard_B.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Germany
I also agree with this idea. Rolling is a useful feature, esspecially on 'full' maps, like cities or forests, where you have a bit more cover. Like EvilHobo said: Sometimes you iss, and then you are an easy target.
And now, after having manual bolting and leaning - why not also rolling?

Deathsai

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
It sounds like a good idea, just a double-tap of the strafe key when you are prone to make it happen...but it should cost a lot of stamina, to prevent spammage.

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
Maybe also create a period where the person re-situates themself? Like, pause for a second to get back in the proper prone position so that the rolls couldn't be stringed together?

Or just have there be a delay...maybe make the stamina usage and time between usage > Jump usage.

L etranger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
I also would like to see Sprint Prone, have you seen trainings when people proning under barebwire? they going way faster than the soldier does in ROOST. Because sometime even crouch sprint isn't enough, sprint prone should be added.