• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Role Specific Starts

Shurek

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2006
www.darkesthourgame.com
For an upcoming map, I'm looking to have a bit more control over where I spawn specific player roles. For example, I would want all Soviet sapers to spawn in an area completely separate from the tankers and riflemen.

It does not appear that the standard ROSpawnArea configurations allow for that level of control, so I was thinking about coding a modified version and placing it in the myLevel package.

The question is (probably to Ramm or Teufelhund): would I only need to change the ROSpawnArea coding or are there other classes that I would need to modify in conjunction with this to make that happen, such as the RoleInfo actors or others?

Thanks!

Wow nice idea!

Or even letting stroleks spawn first and reach the front first to take on other German riflemen!

Then as soon as the first objective is taken (coded to be taken easily by the side that eliminates the others first, so not too long) the smg'ers mgers move ahead!

The losing team all respawn together quite a long way back, while the mgers & snipers join the game to hold the ground won! This would be quite a vast space of city ruin or a destroyed village.

Now if only I could map... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0