• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RogueLight Gamemode

Cynoxious

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2020
Keeping the game fun and challenging is always something in the hopes for a game. The rogue-light genre has a lot of inspiration via games like Risk of Rain that I feel would compliment Killing Floor's foundation a lot. It would take of a lot of implementing and experimentation so I'm not going to pretend like this is a small suggestion.

Mechanics like loot, buffs/de-buffs, and even mutated version of Zeds we already have could set awesome groundwork for a new gamemode that keeps games fresh and always different.

Rough idea, thoughts?

You kinda answered your own question there : " It would take of a lot of implementing and experimentation "

That's something that won't happen in a game far past its prime. To be fair, even if KF2 was brand new and much more successful, that's pretty much the basis for a brand new game !

So yeah, I love the idea as a big fan of roguelikes/roguelites myself... But it won't happen.

Upvote 0