• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

rogame.exe has stopped working

Vlad_Martnov

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Canada
When I start the Beta I see the german soldier and then a black screen followed by rogame.exe has stopped working...

I tried the UE3Redist and it didin't worked.
I uninstalled RO2 Beta and reinstalled and it doesn't work
I also tried to verify integrity of the game cache
I tried to defrag. it

The black screen just stays there for like 5 seconds and then I'm back to my desktop and I get the error...

I waaaant to pleeh :(

Last edited:
I don't know if it helps but here's my dump files:

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.08.30-23.33.22.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.08.30-23.34.28.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.08.30-23.37.13.log
  • Launch-backup-2011.08.30-23.38.09.log
  • Launch-backup-2011.08.30-23.41.48.log
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've made the changes to true, but I am still crashing, 7 time within the first 30 minutes of game play. I get the rogame.exe has stopped working. I have lowered my settings and still crash.

I would upload my dmp files but they all exceed the size allowed. My smallest dmp file is 397KB. But all of them are this;

unreal-v7258

Any help would be appreciated as I love the game but hate the crashing.

Upvote 0
Try this. It fixed my crash.

Windows 7.
Goto My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\
Edit following in the ROEngine.ini
bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

This worked for me too, until after the latest patch, now I'm getting it again. Seems fine for a round, and then when we start a new map, I'll load in, select class, start the round and about 15 seconds into the round I get
ROGame.exe has stopped working...

Upvote 0
I'm not a computer guy....where are these ini files? I've looked in
my doc/my games/unrealengine3/ROgame/config/roengine didn't find anything or I missed it ? I've also looked in
my doc/my games/redorchestra2/ROgame/config/roengine takes me to the same place ... thanks for any help...I enjoy playing the game and when I load in, I usually get to play a round which is cool, but when the server switches to a new map I'll crash....

Upvote 0
I'm not a computer guy....where are these ini files? I've looked in
my doc/my games/unrealengine3/ROgame/config/roengine didn't find anything or I missed it ? I've also looked in
my doc/my games/redorchestra2/ROgame/config/roengine takes me to the same place ... thanks for any help...I enjoy playing the game and when I load in, I usually get to play a round which is cool, but when the server switches to a new map I'll crash....

C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

Upvote 0