• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROEngine.ini Tweak Guide - confirmed improvement

What? No it doesn't. That doesn't make sense. These settings ARE you graphic settings. You must have renamed the file or something without realizing it and the game regenerated it.

No reason it should drop your fps unless, I suppose, your video card has low mem and you cranked the graphics up and set the memory pool beyond what your card is capable of when you factor in that shaders/etc also eats up video memory.

Upvote 0
What? No it doesn't. That doesn't make sense. These settings ARE you graphic settings. You must have renamed the file or something without realizing it and the game regenerated it.

No reason it should drop your fps unless, I suppose, your video card has low mem and you cranked the graphics up and set the memory pool beyond what your card is capable of when you factor in that shaders/etc also eats up video memory.

Actually, I think it has to do with the recent patch. Two days ago I was getting 40 FPS (good for my machine), but now even with the vanilla .ini I am getting 1-20.

Upvote 0
Removing the entire RedOrchestra map from Documents actually gave me a small fps boost, only on Pavlovs it still lags, that map is so poorly optimized.

And yet people complained when the devs removed the rubble to speed up performance.

Yes there are some problems that can give almost free performance increase when fixed, but the majority of optimisation is removing things and hoping people don't notice (i.e. crysis' severe polygon deficiency).

Upvote 0
:cool:

Seems to me this tweak guide has been in the forum elsewhere for quite sometime. I've used it with previous GPUs and CPUs. It's my belief that it may be helpful to many, but results will vary widely depending on the nature of each client's hardware. As we see, some are reporting improvement, while others see degradation. The results are not going to be linear, and will be strongly tied to the nature and age of your hardware. Software tweaks can be a cheap fix --if your hardware is up to the task. But as I've said so often, there is no performance issue that can't be overcome with sufficient investment in a hardware hammer. :D

Upvote 0