• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROEngine.ini Tweak Guide - confirmed improvement

Uhh. I had about 25 - 28 FPS with everything on low

This tweak decreases my FPS down to 14 - 16 and the game is now stuttering.

All i can say is im very lucky that i made a backup for my engine file. Barely helped ..

Positive you didn't make a typo?
Can you isolate which change gave you the issue?
What is your system specs and what did you set the pool value to?

Upvote 0
Added:

[MINOR TWEAKS]
1. Change PrimitiveProbablyVisibleTime to 0.5 or so. This number keeps an object as "visible" even when it is no longer visible. Reducing the number improves framerate response when you move from a busy area to a less busy area and can reduce the fps bottom that might be caused when you move from one busy room to the next. Default is 8 seconds.
2. TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects is a timer for garbage collection, and you will get a slight hitch everytime this happens. I set this to 600 so it is once per 10 minutes. Default is once per minute. You can try reducing this number to see if it reduces crashing or increase it to reduce hitching that once/minute hitch.

Under [OTHER TWEAKS]

Added:
Setting bEnableVSMShadows to True may give a performance increase

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You still hear everything, and I doubt a lot of people can hear the difference between 44khz and 96khz. Give it a try, if it doesn't do anything, just change it back.
Oh, you were talking about your sound card, I thought about the game audio options inself.

Well then I suggest trying to set the game's audio options lower as well, increases performance at the loss of sound quality.

Upvote 0