RS Rock Paper Shotgun preview of Island Assault Content Pack

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
With the new (FREE) Island Assault Content Pack on its way, with a bunch of new content for Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2, Jim Rossignol over at Rock Paper Shotgun got to play the new content early and has written up a preview - HERE.

And there is the first showing of a brand new TRAILER there as well, so go take a look!

TheStranger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Great trailer!

Burma, Ryukyu and Philippines in campaign mode means three new maps and of course a fourth one with Betio on the Gilberts! Am I right?

Can't wait!:eek:

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Great trailer!

Burma, Ryukyu and Philippines in campaign mode means three new maps and of course a fourth one with Betio on the Gilberts! Am I right?

Can't wait!:eek:

For campaign, those are just locations (multiple maps may be in any area). Perhaps in the future there may be more maps (with map contest etc) but for now they are only adding Betio.

TheStranger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Yeah I just read the changelog and they are "only" adding Betio. But nonetheless - it looks great.

Actually I would have been very surprised if there were so many new maps.

Last edited:

Feuer76

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you Tripwire, looking forward to new content in the future this is simply awesome. Special mentioning on solving some of prone restricitions which could get really annoying at times.

Also extra points on allowing guys at RPS to post trailer exclusively, they are great too :).

Last edited:

G_Sajer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Minnesota
:cool:

Very impressive. I'd like to thank TWI for at least two things in connection with this.

First, the implimentation of the RS campaign template. The HOS one was
a might out of place. :D

Second, and far more importantly, the decision to reengage themselves with the campaign mode. They listened to the player community, and it's working out to everyone's benefit.

Bravo.