• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 video with ultra quality settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleficarus

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I thought I would upload a small fraps video to YouTube of me playing RO2. I wanted to show you all how it can run with Ultra quality settings. I used 1680x1050 resolution all ultra with shadows set to high and FSAA turned off. I was getting 80 fps but when recording it would limit it to 60 max. Not sure if this is something I can cgange or not. Anyways have a look. By the way for this video I was using "war tapes" setting to give it a true WW2 look. The system I am using is an i5 2500K running 4GHz with GTX460 video card:

[url]http://youtu.be/K__NhuPPbrs[/URL]

Waaaaaaait a minute, you've been repeatedly posting about how there's no issue with the game and that you can run it fine (which somehow proves that everyone should be able to) while playing on ****ing 1680*1050? No AA to boot.

That's.. impressive in a way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
post pic of the settings page because im not getting even near that performance on same system except 1090T 3,7GHz. how much ram do you have?

Here is a screencap of my game settings. I have 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz by the way:

rogame2011091818002894.jpg

Reactions: SunKing
Upvote 0
Waaaaaaait a minute, you've been repeatedly posting about how there's no issue with the game and that you can run it fine (which somehow proves that everyone should be able to) while playing on ****ing 1680*1050? No AA to boot.

That's.. impressive in a way.

Huh? 1680x1050 is not any worse then 1080P! The math of the pixels is not even worth arguing over. Besides, I have a 22 inch LCD. 1680x1050 is my monitors native resolution...

Upvote 0
No bloom, no AA, no motion blur, no ambient occlusion (!!!) and lowered shadow settings?

Not really Ultra Quality :confused:

FSAA does nothing in the game unless your looking at a screenshot close up. You can't pay me to use FSAA. Bloom is annoying to me. It makes everything too bright and is actually an eye sore. I turn bloom off for BC2 as well. Motion blur? Hardly a setting at all. It dosen't change the way the game looks so your point in using it is exactly? The settings I use are Ultra quality settings. The game dosen't look any better then in my video. As for ambient occusion? Well it dosen't do much for me. Really look at my vid and point out to me where you can notice it anyways. I would be impressed if you can.

Reactions: SunKing
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.