• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 video with ultra quality settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL wow.. this guy... I'm done even trying. It's like talking to a brick wall.. HEY guys guess what Anti Aliasing doesn't make games look better did you know that?? I didn't know that! Man I thought getting rid of all those jagged lines with AA was making the game look better, I guess it wasn't AA after all it was just some voodoo magic..

OP you know nothing about computers. AT ALL.. Man, I feel dirty even being in the same forum with this guy. Let alone playing the same game.

He thinks his computer is superior to everyone elses when in fact I get better FPS than he does with HIGHER graphical settings than him, WITH a higher resolution lol.. Man, denial train coming through.

Upvote 0
LOL wow.. this guy... I'm done even trying. It's like talking to a brick wall.. HEY guys guess what Anti Aliasing doesn't make games look better did you know that?? I didn't know that! Man I thought getting rid of all those jagged lines with AA was making the game look better, I guess it wasn't AA after all it was just some voodoo magic..

OP you know nothing about computers. AT ALL.. Man, I feel dirty even being in the same forum with this guy. Let alone playing the same game.

He thinks his computer is superior to everyone elses when in fact I get better FPS than he does with HIGHER graphical settings than him, WITH a higher resolution lol.. Man, denial train coming through.
Did you compare the effect of the different AA-techniques in Red Orchestra 2? Apparently not, but feel free to check them here: http://images.benchmark3d.com/benchmarks/ro2/ro2%20AA%20big.jpg.

He doesn't think his computer is superior to everyone elses, he just managed to find a nice balance between FPS and image quality.

Upvote 0
I can run this game at 100 fps on my gtx 275

2r9PY.jpg

Reactions: skewp and rta
Upvote 0
Did you compare the effect of the different AA-techniques in Red Orchestra 2? Apparently not, but feel free to check them here: [url]http://images.benchmark3d.com/benchmarks/ro2/ro2%20AA%20big.jpg[/URL].

He doesn't think his computer is superior to everyone elses, he just managed to find a nice balance between FPS and image quality.

Thank you for being one of the very few here that has a brain! I was beginning to think everyone that hangs out here are all 12 years old in grade 8...

Upvote 0
I don't see the point why ppl are bashing Maleficarus. He clearly stated in his third post on page 1 which settings he's used and yeah those are not the default ultra settings. Get over it. It's Maleficarus' personal ultra-setting.

Apparently a lot of ppl are complaining about their performance. For those ppl Maleficarus is making some very valid points how to improve their performance at the cost of some eye candy.

I.e. If you're playing < 30 FPS Motion Blur will add a feel of movement, but at 60+ FPS it's really not worth it imho, because you will not be missing frames in between the movement. For every setting, ask yourself, is it worth it? I'd rather have a smooth high FPS-experience at the cost of some effects.

Why does everyone want to run the game at the ultra settings without having an ultra PC? If your PC matches the minimum requirements, you can run the game at low. With the recommended settings you'll do good at medium settings. But what about the ultra settings? A 6-core 4GHz CPU, with 8GB RAM and 2x GTX580 with 1,5GB?

Your configuration is as weak as the weakest link. If your GPU only has 512 MB and you use high resolution textures and other GPU-memory-intensive settings, your performance will drop and your GPU will not work at it's full power. I haven't dived into RO2's settings yet, but on BFBC2 disabling Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) gave me a boost from 50-ish to 100-ish FPS. It's part of PC-gaming I guess. If you don't want to tweak, play at medium settings with a recommended specs rig, otherwise, buy a console.

Finally, if you want AA with a not-so-big performance hit, use AMD's MLAA or NVidia's FXAA. TWI will probably come with some optimizations for the game soon, just like NVidia and AMD in their drivers. Even then ppl with a single GPU will still not be able to run at the Ultra-settings and 60+ FPS. Oh, and if you don't want too much input lag, try disabling some of the postprocessing effects.

Upvote 0
To all the nay-sayers...

How you like them apples:

[url]http://youtu.be/QNaJlZicQ0s[/URL]

64 players. Ultra quality 80 FPS smooth as a hot knife running through cold butter!

Man... that looked more like 50 fps with dips to 20 when arti started pounding.

Also, screen tearing, flickering, and that wonderful retro 800x600 resolution.
Even John's FX-60 could run RO2 - like THAT.

All your video did is convinced me to wait for Sandy-E

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.