• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 video with ultra quality settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn it now I'm basically as hypocritical as OP.

it's ok, just do better next time. :cool:

EDIT: wanna get serious, OP really does need to play on a 64 man server with settings at legit ultra, not high shadows, especially considering that the biggest culprit to eating FPS in this game.

although, the ambient occlusion slider doesn't work, it resets to normal on my system every time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL!!

Ultra quality settings have nothing to do with FSAA setting nor motion blur nor bloom. That is seperate. Shadows are set to high which I listed before you even saw the video. Anyways, haters gonna hate. As you can see in the video the game runs silky-smooth well above what most get. This is the way the game actual yruns with a properly built system using certified drivers from Nvidia. This is how it runs using hardware Phyics. This is how it runs. Look at my video, the proof is all there! You can diss me all you want and call me a liar or say I was using some low resolution, and that isa fine. But you can't deny it runs and looks great!

Have a nice day!!

Reactions: Forward and SunKing
Upvote 0
LOL!!

Ultra quality settings have nothing to do with FSAA setting nor motion blur nor bloom. That is seperate. Shadows are set to high which I listed before you even saw the video. Anyways, haters gonna hate. As you can see in the video the game runs silky-smooth well above what most get. This is the way the game actual yruns with a properly built system using certified drivers from Nvidia. This is how it runs using hardware Phyics. This is how it runs. Look at my video, the proof is all there! You can diss me all you want and call me a liar or say I was using some low resolution, and that isa fine. But you can't deny it runs and looks great!

Have a nice day!!
Well, no one is arguing that you can't run the game at reduced settings on a low resolution. You did prove that.

Great I guess.

Upvote 0
LOL!!

Have a nice day!!

LOL, ****ing trolls. sorry bucko, but my system is properly configured. it may be older now, but it's well over recommended specs for this game. I watched your video and saw that you looked at an empty house and also don't have stat fps running, no hd resolution for the video, playing in a low man server, which, by the way, looks like it has 4 people in it, not 24, then there's the fact, note i say fact, that when you click ultra settings in the little settings box, things you unchecked, turned off, or turned down, were all on.

so by and far, the way you are running the game, is not the developer's intended ultra.

that being said, i'm glad you got it running well, and aren't having much issue, but now you're just talking out of your *** about properly configured systems and all this garbage.

Upvote 0
LOL, ****ing trolls. sorry bucko, but my system is properly configured. it may be older now, but it's well over recommended specs for this game. I watched your video and saw that you looked at an empty house and also don't have stat fps running, no hd resolution for the video, playing in a low man server, which, by the way, looks like it has 4 people in it, not 24, then there's the fact, note i say fact, that when you click ultra settings in the little settings box, things you unchecked, turned off, or turned down, were all on.

so by and far, the way you are running the game, is not the developer's intended ultra.

that being said, i'm glad you got it running well, and aren't having much issue, but now you're just talking out of your *** about properly configured systems and all this garbage.

Here is the thing. You can believe this if you want. I have zero reason to lie. My first video I tried to upload to YouTube came in at 3.4GB in size. To reduce it to a smaller size I had to re-record another video at half screen size This brought it down to 600MB in size. This is uploadable for me. It took over an hour to upload this. But the fact of the matter is, even though the fraps video is half full screen it was still recorded in full screen 1680x1050 on my monitor. I am using a paid full version of fraps. As you can see by the video it is running 60 smooth. Anyone with two eyes can see this! You all know what is sub 60 frames looks and feels like. You can tell by the movements. ANother issue I had with recording was the max fps I can record at is 60 FPS. So even though I can play at over 80 it limited my fps to 60 while recording. I haven't figured out how to manipulate this yet. Here is further proof in the form of a fraps screenshot, notice the 92 FPS number top rioght of picture:

rogame2011091810450927.jpg

Reactions: SunKing
Upvote 0
I like the part where your screen stops for a split second when the video starts and you turn right. I also love the part that there is no FPS meter in the video itself, the part where you run towards the outskirts of the map and look in a totally opposite direction from where you should be looking is especially juicy. Oh and btw, why look towards the ground? I know, the fps is allways higher when you look in the ground :)

And about your screenshot.
I can get 80 FPS on my Athlon X4 3.0 Ghz, 4 gigs of 1333mhz ram and GTS450 on that location you took the screenshot at. With settings all on High with AA turned ON.

Still when I join populated areas the fps is between 35 and 60. You're full of it..............

Upvote 0
Look, you can run this game on the max, but that doesn't mean Tripwire did a great job optimising the game for other high end pc's.

That is pure FUD! They did a fine job. The problem is most here are running AMD/ATi cards that can't do hardware physics!! Why is this so hard for most of you to deal with? Honestly I am having a really hard time trying to understand why there is so much hate on me for proving that using ultra qulity settings the game does in fact run silky-smooth with a properly built PC! This isn't a personal slight on you guys, it is just reality...I am sorry if this offends some of you guys or makes you feel silly, but if you bought the correct hardware before you bought RO2 you would have no issues like me...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.