• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2/RS/HOTW Remastered | 1939-1955 Mod for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Hey guys, I am going to start full production soon on this mod when I am done with GOM 4.0.

We will be doing everything "GOM Style". It will be historically accurate with added content on top. Things will be redone when they have to. As I have done with GOM, I will say again.

"From the buttons, to the shoelaces."

I will not be bringing back hero classes, weapon unlocks, or any kind of stat boosting progression. That is what made the game unfair for new players.
All weapons will be unlocked. Experimental weapons are something we are still discussing. It will have the same cosmetic progression in RS2.

Keep in mind this mod is being built on RS2, not RO2/RS. GOM's features will be carried over. This includes reduced zoom, hardcore damage model, first person legs and shadows, new response mechanics, and more.

The section we are currently most focused on is the pacific theatre, which needs a lot of work. Lots of the assets need a serious update.
Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG
Examples of redone weapons for the Pacific Theatre

As for Red Orchestra 2, I was given the assets of the cancelled Red Orchestra 2 port so that part should be mostly covered. Will need to change a couple things like insignia and all that to make it historically accurate in some places.

Once the main remasters are done (Eastern Front, Pacific Theatre, and Western Front), me and my team will start exploring different areas of the war.
I can confirm we are 100% pushing for Sino-Japanese war, as it is a theatre that we are all interested in. We already have some of the assets done!
As the name of the mod shows, 1939-1955, we will also be covering Indochina and Korea War. Expect some IJA vs Viet Minh action!

Here is the Trello to give you more of an idea on the current progress on this mod.

Of course, this does not mean I am done with GOM after releasing 4.0, I will still be working on the mod. I have a lot in store for the 2nd Indochina War.

Hello, I make mods for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. I have participated in the closed beta of rs2 in I believe wave 3 I have stuck with the game ever since, no matter what it does to me.
View all 1 featured items