• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2/RS- Arm support machine gun.

The idea is that when crouched, your soldier can place his arm out a bit and support the machine gun a bit more (meaning even a smaller little area to shoot). Some matches feels like you die too much for the machine gun's accuracy due to not having the bi-pod deployed. When I said the smaller area of more focus, I don't mean too much, but a little bit better than it is now.

So example:

Normal crouching machine gun-

* = bullet hits
l = wall
( ) = area in between bullets hit

l ( ****** )l
l ( ** **** ** * )l
l ( ** *** ** )l

With new "arm support" crouching-

l ( **** )l
l ( * **** * )l
l ( ** *** )l

Thanks!

Without bi-pods, the machine gun is almost to impossible to get shots on someone without spraying half of the room. Also, play the Americans on Rising Storm, it sure has a kick!

Now, I have not played Japan or Germany, but I did once pick up the German machine gun: it was moderate, controllable recoil (and it put people down fast). Maybe it's just an American issue (silly Americans making powerful guns).

Upvote 0
Now, I have not played Japan or Germany, but I did once pick up the German machine gun: it was moderate, controllable recoil (and it put people down fast). Maybe it's just an American issue (silly Americans making powerful guns).

So in other words you haven't actually played the game.

Edit: Just played a game with the guy and hes the generic clueless level 13 lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the problem is that you're trying to hipfire a machine gun. Use the bipod like a normal person and you'll be fine.

Again, some maps you can't deploy your bipod, but only on the ground = death. With better hip fire.. just a little.. you can defend yourself from pop up enemies. You don't always have time to pull out your pistol and shoot, or lay down, deploy bipod, and shoot: you'll be dead by then. And don't say that I am using the machine gunner wrong, it's when you play the maps where you end up in a situation with no cover.

Upvote 0
I've been practicing with the pistol :) . Any who, I've been using the different machine guns of the different factions. This is how it went out

1). Germany - Fast rate of fire, stable, little recoil, awesome hipfire

2). Japan - Great rate of fire, stable, little bit more recoil than Germany, good hipfire.

3). USSR - Ok ish rate of fire, accurate, good hipfire, not bad recoil

4). America - Bigger machine gun - ok rate of fire, horrible hipfire, ok ish range

Bar- powerful, horrible recoil, horrible steady ness, no bi pod, bad hipfire

Tripwire, please atleast buff the American's machine gun's hipfire a bit more atleast when crouching..

Upvote 0
Again, some maps you can't deploy your bipod, but only on the ground = death. With better hip fire.. just a little.. you can defend yourself from pop up enemies. You don't always have time to pull out your pistol and shoot, or lay down, deploy bipod, and shoot: you'll be dead by then. And don't say that I am using the machine gunner wrong, it's when you play the maps where you end up in a situation with no cover.

that's why you walk around with the pistol out and when you find a spot for the mg you pull it out

and if you cant find cover either make cover or use concealment they cant shoot what they can see

Upvote 0
Tombstone Jack is on the money.

And why so many threads with the basic premise 'please make this part of the game easier for me'.

Newton said "every action has an equal and opposite reaction"

CatintheHat says "harden to frack up Princess"

I am only asking to make it fair. Level 1 Jap, German machine guns shouldn't be great hipfire while my level 32 Browning american machine gun is at half of the hipfire of the level 1 Germans/Japs machine guns.

P.S: I know life is not fair, but this is starting to look bias..

Last edited:
Upvote 0