• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Mod Map Support- www.RO2ModMaps.com

shakenbake

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2011
USA
In basically three days of www.RO2ModMaps.com being up there have been several thousand visitors to the website of which hundreds have uploaded Ogledow and Butovo which I think is great to see. With so much traffic I wanted to reach out to the community & those outside the community to use the site (if they want) to share information with others via the navigation links.

You will get a better understanding of what I did if you go look at the site.

I will continue to update the site by mining information from the Tripwire forums and other locations I have found information and consolidate it on the website.

I do all of this for selfish reasons- I want more people playing the game so I have more to shoot at, I want more mod maps and RO2 game mods, and I enjoy the mature players who gravitate towards this game (I'm an old guy) and I want the game to prosper for this reason.

Hats off again to the makers of Ogledow and Butovo...great job guys.

Okay guys I have updated the website based on some good feedback I have received and thanks everyone for the support. Some key changes- Don't have to register to get files (if you do though you will get an email notice when new files are uploaded), adjusted look so its cleaner, and changed the download system so it goes straight to the files that have been made available via the link provided by the map maker (much quicker).

First of all I am fairly new to the RO community and to these forums but so far the experience has been good. What has brought me back to RO2 after playing the standard FPS games out there is there is something special to me about RO2 that the other FPS games do not have. I won't go into my personal opinion on the "special" piece but it's enough for me to want to support this game, the community, and especially the guys starting to make these great mod maps.

We currently have Ogledow and Butovo mod maps (beta) available and I think they have opened the door and more maps will be pouring out soon. One thing that can be difficult for new people is finding all the information & files in the forums so they can play these maps.

What I have done is created a website that I will continually update using the information and files posted in the forums so anyone who chooses can go to the website and upload the latest mod map files (both player and server side), learn how to load up files, learn about each map (via posted media), and if they want participate in the forums.

To the folks out there putting these mod maps together all I can say is...great job keep it up! :D

Here is the website...

www.RO2ModMaps.com

Last edited:
In basically three days of www.RO2ModMaps.com being up there have been several thousand visitors to the website of which hundreds have uploaded Ogledow and Butovo which I think is great to see. With so much traffic I wanted to reach out to the community & those outside the community to use the site (if they want) to share information with others via the navigation links.

You will get a better understanding of what I did if you go look at the site.

I will continue to update the site by mining information from the Tripwire forums and other locations I have found information and consolidate it on the website.

I do all of this for selfish reasons- I want more people playing the game so I have more to shoot at, I want more mod maps and RO2 game mods, and I enjoy the mature players who gravitate towards this game (I'm an old guy) and I want the game to prosper for this reason.

Hats off again to the makers of Ogledow and Butovo...great job guys. :D

shakenbake

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
i looked at this site for 10s and i will register there because it's good (not good- NECESSARY) to have all maps (it would be good to have ALL DOWNLOADS for ro2) in one place. it would be good also to have list of servers where you can play this maps.

EDIT: so i downloaded butovo map, but i don't know where to extract files. some .txt instruction wolud be nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i looked at this site for 10s and i will register there because it's good (not good- NECESSARY) to have all maps (it would be good to have ALL DOWNLOADS for ro2) in one place. it would be good also to have list of servers where you can play this maps.

EDIT: so i downloaded butovo map, but i don't know where to extract files. some .txt instruction wolud be nice.

\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps\TE-Butovo-B3_FixTestplayer

Edit: please note, Ogledow_B4 has a slightly different manual install procedure, in that you have two folders extracted, one to go into \CookedPC\Maps and one to go into \CookedPC\Custom
A .txt instructions file is always best, but isn't always included.

Last edited:
Upvote 0