• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 is not about winning any more ,put points

Sir Reginald

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
the point system doesnt reward winning
but rewards camping a cap
while you have a small group are trying to win most maps ,most just camp caps for the points
And why not
Winning does not give you any more points
losing does not take away points
so why not just play it safe and just camp

note to self it about points not winning stop yelliing at people for camping

I also heard something new about lockdown and camping.

Spartanovka, Axis side. I took SL, throw smokes and rush first objective. Looked around and saw noone from my team in capture area. Then I got teamkilled by friendly SMG player with Mkb. I wonder where is he? I respawned and all long fences and spawn area Axis camped with SMGs (since these are deadly accurate smg player doesn't need to rush and engage enemy from close range), semis and bolts. I asked in team chat why they are not attacking. I got answer: lockdown is close, there is no point of capture it.

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
Only rewarding good playing instead of "winning" is a good thing.

Players will try hard enough to win without being fed points. Those that want points will learn quick that the best way to earn points is to do well (which will help your team win.)

But when you are 1 of 32 people on your team, you often can't even turn the tide with perfect skills and tactics. So players that aren't on the "stacked" team don't get "punished" point wise for losing.

Earning points on the losing team is like a consolation prize to ease the pain of defeat. Winners are rewarded with their victory.

Upvote 0
Hell, long as people actually camp *inside* cap zones I'll be happy... most of the times it's 5m out of spawn...

argh! the agony of just reading this and remembering my own experiences with those people. sometimes I'm the only one in the cap zone and when I look at the minimap I see teammates just on the border of the capzone.

I rush to the cap zone and stay there and try not to get myself killed. am I not doing it right? I manage to get one of the highest scores without much kills and I still think I'm helping the team.

also since I mostly play as rifleman I let the assaults do the room clearing most of the time and just act as support and resupplier of MG's. If I need to I always find a mp40 or ppsh laying on the ground...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
argh! the agony of just reading this and remembering my own experiences with those people. sometimes I'm the only one in the cap zone and when I look at the minimap I see teammates just on the border of the capzone.

I rush to the cap zone and stay there and try not to get myself killed. am I not doing it right? I manage to get one of the highest scores without much kills and I still think I'm helping the team.

also since I mostly play as rifleman I let the assaults do the room clearing most of the time and just act as support and resupplier of MG's. If I need to I always find a mp40 or ppsh laying on the ground...

You're doing perfectly all-right zugumba ;)

Upvote 0
Uh, the game very much rewards the players on the attacking team that goes for the cap zones. While it may not lead the team to victory, the players that do this is invariably on the top of the list.

If the defending team stay in the cap zones, they will also get more points, and furthermore they actually contribute to the team winning, since they are actually defending the cap zone.

So I am sorry, but I don't see what the problem is regarding this specific subject. My experience is that there is a lot of players that do not go for the objectives, but they do not in any way get rewarded by the game for doing this, they are always at the bottom of the list, regardless of the number of kills they have.

Upvote 0
Basically what Gundenrath said. People who are camping outside an active cap are basically wasting their time. It's one point for a kill outside a cap, but it's 4 points for a kill from within a cap, and I think 2 extra for killing an enemy inside a contested cap. Add that to the bonuses you get for defending your Commander or SL, and it's easily eight or ten points for a single kill if you're playing the game right. And then there's the 10 points you get for actually capping, plus the bonus points for having many people capping at once.

The game clearly rewards people for playing properly. I think it's just Lockdown that messes things up, along with the attitude of most players who don't like dying.

Reactions: grothesj2
Upvote 0
OP is right lots of people are either clueless and new to the game or cant get a grasp of the game so the only way out for them is to stay in doors and not risking it,but then there are other players who dont care how many times they die and dont feel bad about it if they get whooped as long as they win the game.

I some rounds get such a horrible KDR ,maeby 0.50 or lower due to trying to either cap or flank the protected area and clean up so that my team can move in safely and it cost me dearly by having lots of fail attempts until I sucseed and I always do.

And then there are rounds I mow down tons of them scoring 30+ KDR 80-100 kills + a WIN!!!!!

My W/L ratio is at 2.50 and I fight for it extremely hard to try keep it higher,there was a point when it was around 3.0 but I had a few bad days due to my teammates being selfish,and I was slacking for some reason.....

This is how we do it baby: :D
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559795187045305895/26DA279345AF2D083C5309B87B9A2A0F3031638D/[/URL]

[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559796680954166519/BEB38A451C56D22C566298702C1802AE297FA05C/[/URL]

Upvote 0
Most of my kills are within the capzone. And I get a few points for defense,even if we have not captured it yet. I donot get a lot of kills, but I seem to do alright Team Score wise. The game is not about running around a lot, but then again, its hard to find players that like to play as a team.

Last night I played with 2 players that worked as a team and we covered each other and saved each other often. THAT was rewarding.

I guess I am just alone in playing like this. I'll keep looking for a server that plays the way I like to. I know there is at least ONE out there!

Upvote 0
Uh, the game very much rewards the players on the attacking team that goes for the cap zones. While it may not lead the team to victory, the players that do this is invariably on the top of the list.

If the defending team stay in the cap zones, they will also get more points, and furthermore they actually contribute to the team winning, since they are actually defending the cap zone.

So I am sorry, but I don't see what the problem is regarding this specific subject. My experience is that there is a lot of players that do not go for the objectives, but they do not in any way get rewarded by the game for doing this, they are always at the bottom of the list, regardless of the number of kills they have.

This. The players on the cap zones that cap them or clear a lot of enemies off them are on the top part of the list. I'm usually top 3 90% of the time and often end up being the top player regardless of the class I'm playing from MG to Rifleman to Engi to Commander because I go for the capzones and kill enemies on them/from them. I die a lot, but I cap and kill a lot too. I also win more than I lose, but still end up losing a fair bit. On most maps the cap zones are the best spots to get points and kills, so there is quite a bit of incentive to win. Still a lot of players on some teams hang out and camp as an offensive team (because they care about K/D or something). Those are usually the teams that lose.

Earning points for capping does not level up your weapon!

Ah, but it does level up your class which gives better bonuses overall. Combine that with the fact that the highest concentration of enemies is usually on/near a capzone and your getting lots of kills and lots of points and hopefully capping the capzone too and a lot of deaths too.

Upvote 0