• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 is not about winning any more ,put points

I just came from a game on Station. I was on allies defending the ground floor of the North hall with my ppsh. At the end of the round I had the second highest team points and 38 kills ( the Axis never capped ).

I don't see why people can't do both and still be a part of a winning team.

On Station you can defend about the whole front from the North Hall
So you were right to camp there
But not all maps can be won this way
The key to some maps is not the caps but what is next to the cap
That is when the point system srews the players trying to win and rewards players just camping the caps

Sadly on this map alot of the TL on the german side just camp the radio in the spawn
they never throw smoke they just wait at the radio to call arty
it runs up their points without them getting killed so it helps thier K/D
I seen this happen on the Russian side of this map too
The TL has become just a easy way to get points for you K/D

Upvote 0
Basically what Gundenrath said. People who are camping outside an active cap are basically wasting their time. It's one point for a kill outside a cap, but it's 4 points for a kill from within a cap, and I think 2 extra for killing an enemy inside a contested cap. Add that to the bonuses you get for defending your Commander or SL, and it's easily eight or ten points for a single kill if you're playing the game right. And then there's the 10 points you get for actually capping, plus the bonus points for having many people capping at once.

The game clearly rewards people for playing properly. I think it's just Lockdown that messes things up, along with the attitude of most players who don't like dying.

I agree a lot with that... only trying to be in the capture/defense stuff are your points will notice it!!!
Thanks for the aclaration Cal.45, I am spanish so I didn

Upvote 0