• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code RO2 Cache Extractor

RO2 Cache Extractor App

This is a simple application designed to extract downloaded custom content from the cache and get it into the correct/permanent location in the RO Game Folder structure.

All you can do is either extract files from the cache or delete files from the cache.

Download Version 1.1
Download Here

Installation
Open the zip file and extract the contents to a folder somewhere. Double click the setup.exe. You can uninstall via control panels add/remove programs. Look for RO2 Cache Extractor.

The application only requires .NET Framework 2.0 so it should work on pretty much every working pc....."should"

Warning: There is definitely an RO2/Custom mutator bug that will make you spawn with only a Grenade EVERY single time you spawn IF you have extracted mutators from your cache. Please do not extract mutators at the moment.

Information:
Because I can not tell which package files come with a specific map (at the moment), it will be up to you to choose which package files you extract. Simple way is to just extract all maps and packages ;)

Credits
Thanks to Ducky for his early feedback and testing :)

DISCLAIMER --
The software program provided by may be freely distributed, provided that no charge is levied,
and that the disclaimer below is always attached to it.

The programs are provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.

Although the author has attempted to find and correct any bugs in the software program (RO2 Cache Extractor) the author is not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of the programs.

The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the free software programs.

USE
1) Please do not use this software while Red Orchesatra 2 is running.

2) Please ensure the paths are setup and pointing at the correct locations.
The software will attempt to set these paths up automatically, but it is your responsibility
to ensure these paths are correct.

The 'cache folder path' needs to point at the Cache folder path which is usually found here:
C:\Users\YourUserFolder\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Cache

The 'cooked folder path' needs to point to the cookedpc folder below the main ROGame folder which is usually found here:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC

3) Please note that any files in the cooked pc folder and sub folders that are the same name as the files in the cache folder will be overwritten.

PS - I put this thread here as I didn't really know where else it should go.

Attachments

• roce1.jpg
    roce1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • roce2.jpg
    roce2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
  • roce3.jpg
    roce3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
  • roce4.jpg
    roce4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
Aren't the custom maps supposed to go into my games/red orchestra 2/rogame/published ?

I am going on info that ducky provided. I extracted TE-coldsteel into the cookedpc and it worked just fine when I played it offline via console command Open etc :)

However, If someone from TWI chips in and says I am moving them into the wrong folders, I will change it :)

Upvote 0
Hi Lord, my Lord,

This is a great thing however it misses the mark for many.

One of the big problems many players have with the server redirect is getting the maps into the cache to begin with! Either due to low net speed in their country or whatever.

So your cache extractor is great, but only if people can get the files downloaded which many can not.

I think i read somewhere that a possible addition was to include a way for the maps to be downloaded from a central web location and fed out through your application that way.

If this is the case i am happy to front up with some server space on a trial basis as a test.

End of day, if it works then TWI must host but Im happy to carry for a bit.

Anyway let me know via PM if we are on the same page with all this. Kind of late in the night here so i am a bit, hmmmm sleepyy time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Lord, my Lord,

This is a great thing however it misses the mark for many.

One of the big problems many players have with the server redirect is getting the maps into the cache to begin with! Either due to low net speed in their country or whatever.

So your cache extractor is great, but only if people can get the files downloaded which many can not.

I think i read somewhere that a possible addition was to include a way for the maps to be downloaded from a central web location and fed out through your application that way.

If this is the case i am happy to front up with some server space on a trial basis as a test.

End of day, if it works then TWI must host but Im happy to carry for a bit.

Anyway let me know via PM if we are on the same page with all this. Kind of late in the night here so i am a bit, hmmmm sleepyy time.

Well is called a Cache Extractor, but I did say that I might look at making it a downloader too ;)

So with that in mind I have made a solid start on the downloader tab for it.

I could not work out how to enumerate a URL/directory without doing something close to a mini ftp app, so at the moment it will look for a file at a specified url.

If it finds that file, it will download it, open it, and extract a bunch of filenames and shove those in a listview.

You can then select one or more files and hit download. It will queue the files up and download them asynchronously giving progress along the way.

That all works right now :)

Just trying to decide if I should download direct from a redirect or ask people like yourself to upload zip files that contain everything a map requires file wise.

So for example you might create a file called TE-Coldsteel.zip that contains all files that it needs (roe, upk, int).

Ideally TWI would host the files so I could hard code what to look for and then users could have some confidence in what they are downloading instead of potentially harmful files.

Anyway, here is an early screenshot.

Attachments

• roce_downloads2.jpg
    roce_downloads2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well is called a Cache Extractor, but I did say that I might look at making it a downloader too ;)

So with that in mind I have made a solid start on the downloader tab for it.

I could not work out how to enumerate a URL/directory without doing something close to a mini ftp app, so at the moment it will look for a file at a specified url.

If it finds that file, it will download it, open it, and extract a bunch of filenames and shove those in a listview.

You can then select one or more files and hit download. It will queue the files up and download them asynchronously giving progress along the way.

That all works right now :)

Just trying to decide if I should download direct from a redirect or ask people like yourself to upload zip files that contain everything a map requires file wise.

So for example you might create a file called TE-Coldsteel.zip that contains all files that it needs (roe, upk, int).

Anyway, here is an early screenshot.

You might want to talk with BartBear here in the forums about hosting the files. He's one of the good guys.;)

Upvote 0
do .int files need to be downloaded to a client too or are they just server files only?

Update
For the download tab, It will look for a file which I will maintain. This file will contain a list of download URLs. These URLs will be provided by community members like myself, Cat_in_da_Hat, etc who want to provide downloads for the community via this tool

So my URL file will be something like:
Code:
TOGA Redirect #1|http://pathtoourredirect.com/ro2
TOGA Redirect #2|http://pathtoanotherredirect.com/ro2
CATS Redirect|http://anotherredirectpath.com
etc..
etc..

Those folders will contain the maps, packages, mutators etc.

When this application loads up, it will check that file and load those download paths into a drop down list so the user can choose where to check for downloads.

When the user selects a download path, the app will then look in that path for a file called files.txt. This file will need to be maintained by the owner of the redirect.

Each line within this file should be pipe delimited and formatted like this:
Code:
Map/Package/Mutator name|file1|file2|file3

file 1 could be the map name (TE-ColdSteel_b2.upk) , file 2 could be another file relating to the map like a props file etc. This way the app will know what support files are required if any.

Here is an example of a files.txt
Code:
Map ColdSteel B2|TE-Coldsteel_b2.upk|ENV_Coldsteel_factory.upk|Env_DR_Brick_walls.upk|Env_DR_corrugated_plates.upk|Env_DR_floor_parts.upk|ENV_DR_Misc.upk
Map Arad2 B1|TE-Arad2_Beta_One.upk
Map Ogledow B9|TE-Ogledow_B9.upk|Props_Ogledow.upk
Map DieBresche B1|TE-DieBresche_B1|Props_DieBresche
Map Provkhoy B2|TE-Provkhoy_b2.upk|Props_Provkhoy.upk
Map Butovo B4|TE-Butovo-B4.upk|Props_Butovo.upk
Mutator Antilag|Antilag.u
Mutator DynamicMapRotation|DynamicMapRotation.u

WARNING:
Please note the filenames ARE CasE SensItIVe. Easiest way to ensure no cockups are made is to just F2 on a filename to copy and paste into the files.txt file.

Cat, please change your files.txt file to match the above and then I can try it from a second location.

Upvote 0
Have update the files.txt.

It looks like this at the moment. Is that correct. Will put more maps in over the weekend.

Map Arad2 B1|TE-Arad2_Beta_One.upk|TE-Arad2_Beta_One.int
Map Provkhoy B2|TE-Provkhoy_b2.upk|Props_Provkhoy.upk
Map Ogledow B9|TE-Ogledow_B9.upk|Props_Ogledow.upk
Map Butovo B4|TE-Butovo-B4.upk|Props_Butovo.upk
Mutator TankTweak.u
Mutator Antilag.u
Mutator DynamicMapRotator.u

If you need a second sever as a test, you can hook up my Australian redirect.

The Australian one has limited download each month so I am more keen to use the other one which is unlimited.

I will PM you the details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have now done a version 1.2 which allows the user to download selected maps and mutators from redirects which may help those with slower downloads that usually get timed out when downloading from a server during a map change.

Cat and his friends have been doing a spot of testing and it's appearing to work ok, although I am certain users could get timed out if a boat load of people are using it at the same time - I can do nothing about that.

I am going to make a further tweak to it this evening and will then post details.

If you are a server admin with a redirect who would be willing to share it via this tool (preferably with unlimited bandwidth), then please post here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks again for this great tool. I've tried it and it worked very well. The only thing I noticed is that the Arad 2 map has only 1 file on your TOGA redirect while Cat has 2 files on the redirect. Configuration issue?

Could be the int file in Cats one I guess. Are int files required on clients? I have not allowed for that so might need to do a quick update.

Upvote 0
I just got this setup and tested for our Redirect and it is working fine. Thanks for the greatest tool ever.

Our DL server in the tool is: www.the82ndab.net

I'm happy to be able to add the 82ndAB server to the list. It would help me a lot if you could PM me when new beta versions (or new maps) are available, so I can keep this up to date. We have a testing team that will look at everything you want (provide us with a list). Make sure that you let us know if you want log files too.

We are also keen on putting the maps on our public server (currently ranked number 11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0