• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 8

Still having this issue.. it sucks but I've been managing. Just type in console "setname yournamehere" without the quotations. Then, all the other games you play, just open console, press the up arrow and hit enter. Hopefully it's fixed soon, but if you do that, it isn't much of a problem.
Does that work with the special characters?

I did that in the beginning and i seem to recall it didn't stick. I'll give it another try.

Upvote 0
Hey! Now you can earn them again! It'll be fun, I promise.
Lol now it takes 50 kills per SMG rank instead of about 25 >.>
You see, drum mags were that rare soldiers had to get victoria cross equivalent awards to get any.

Performance wise, it got only worse haha.

1st build - Fallen Fighters looks ugly, ~ stable 40 fps
2nd build - *optimization* Meh, game is a bit choppy but not that much, why is every1 whining?
3rd build - *moar optimization* 20 FPS on same settings I used for 1st and 2nd build, if I lower them it doesnt look any better than a BF2 mod (FH2) that runs at 60-100 fps. DERP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
Lol now it takes 50 kills per SMG rank instead of about 25 >.>
You see, drum mags were that rare soldiers had to get victoria cross equivalent awards to get any.

Performance wise, it got only worse haha.

1st build - Fallen Fighters looks ugly, ~ stable 40 fps
2nd build - *optimization* Meh, game is a bit choppy but not that much, why is every1 whining?
3rd build - *moar optimization* 20 FPS on same settings I used for 1st and 2nd build, if I lower them it doesnt look any better than a BF2 mod (FH2) that runs at 60-100 fps. DERP!

It sort of has to do with punkbuster apparently

Upvote 0
-Client Performance Optimizations

I actually get worst performance after the latest patch... I don't know if it's just the map difference, but I dropped in performance by about 10 - 15 fps on average (was getting around 75fps average, now in the low 60's)... Also, it reset ALL of my settings - controls, manual bolting, video settings, etc.

Specs:
i5 2500k
GTX 570 SC
8GB DDR3

*all drivers are latest, everything's up to date*

The game was smooth, now it feels choppy and jerky and my framerate dropped as mentioned... A little disappointed to be honest, though good work on releasing these regular patches.

Upvote 0