• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS [RO2] 2 suggestions about rifle things

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
Hey!

I have 2 suggestions/questions and would like to know what you think about it:

1.)
Can we make it optional in RO2/RS, that TL's and SL's could have bolt-rifles?
It might sound weird, but often I prefer this than a semi-automatic-rifle, specially on medium to higher distances.

2.)
[RS]
What do you think about, to give the japanese side, maybe rifle-hero-class, the possibility to choose the american springfield bolt-rifle?

(I dont know if its not current like this, cause in RS I'm not often, so I am not a 'hero' yet.
Also, I dont know about it, but I could imagine in history, the japanese army captured some of these early in war on the phillipines....so? )

On Aussie NZ squad leader only gets a bolt action. No SMG or semi auto.

Surprisingly this only did the opposite of solving the problem of noobs taking the class. Instead of noobs taking the class becuase of the getting special weapons now the class is only taken by noobs or isn't taken at all. A bad squad leader is better than no squad leader. Seems the good players take the class becuase of the weapons as well.

So all in all it actually made it worse.

But it's a server option somewhere to give squad leaders bolt actions. As well as the other weapons not just bolt actions. Though I woukdnt know where said server option is. Maybe it's a mutator I don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think, the best would be, if you have as TL the option for your standard and the bolt-action rifle.
But if you select the bolt-action rifle, some question will pop up, like with the tank for other player inside, 'do you want give your semi-rifle away'?
Than, some new class is appearing, lets call the class 'borrowed SVT40/G41' for now....
If than the TL decides to take his semi-rifle again, this class is locked down by the next time, the 'borrowed SVT40/G41' soldier is dead.

I mean, I really would prefer a bolt-action rifle on some maps. For example bridges, where ways are long, and you can not often go near the frontline, cause you must provide arty if needed and change your marks.
Very often there, I say loudly to some spawning players "hey, do you want my semi-rifle for exchange?"
Mostly they never react....

@Lemonater47
If I take the TL class, I take it because I know the binocular spots on most maps in both directions very well :D
I love to take responsibility and give support/and firepower from distance (what would be more accurate with bolt-action rifle mostly)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And again, if the mapper was able to choose the weapons we would have this opportunity. Remembering maps like Maikop1942, Kaukasus or VolgaB2, I recall they all allowed bolt-actions for German squad leaders and Soviet had bolt and semi auto.

Especially for HoW it would be nice to have various selections for the squadleaders: MP40, StG44, Karabiner 98k and G43.

Also the whole enemy load out selection would depend on the mapper. Which would make it more authentic as having half the team with enemy weapons. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
On Aussie NZ squad leader only gets a bolt action. No SMG or semi auto.

Surprisingly this only did the opposite of solving the problem of noobs taking the class. Instead of noobs taking the class becuase of the getting special weapons now the class is only taken by noobs or isn't taken at all. A bad squad leader is better than no squad leader. Seems the good players take the class becuase of the weapons as well.

So all in all it actually made it worse.

But it's a server option somewhere to give squad leaders bolt actions. As well as the other weapons not just bolt actions. Though I woukdnt know where said server option is. Maybe it's a mutator I don't know.

I think this may be the Classic Weapon Handling?

Hmmm, the few times I do get to play on that server, I have only seen great team play and in many cases, full squad leader participation. If not, I will take squad leader and I certainly am no noob :D

Upvote 0
I think this may be the Classic Weapon Handling?

Hmmm, the few times I do get to play on that server, I have only seen great team play and in many cases, full squad leader participation. If not, I will take squad leader and I certainly am no noob :D

When the server is full yes it's good. When every regular is on. Reserved slots you see. Higher proportion of good players on the server. Half the server qualifying for hero.

When it isn't full no it's actually worse.

Upvote 0