• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-Vidzeme FINAL

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
RO-Vidzeme

Set in the eastern Latvia 'Vidzeme' region during the opening stages of Operation Barbarossa. The infantry of the Axis 58th Rifle Division have the task of clearing the flanks of Army Group Norths panzer divisions. There goal is to reach capture Leningrad before winter, and this and many more pockets of resistance stand in the way. The defenders are the 33rd Rifle Division of the 16th Rifle Corps. Poorly trained and equipped, they must do what they must to slow down the Axis war machine!
Download:
Filefront:http://dodownload.filefront.com/848...379d92e80b93901a4b3dec14e39de4316ad6972b4329b
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EISVCMJG

Screenshots:

NewBitmapImage-2.jpg

NewBitmapImage4.jpg

Loadouts:

Axis

x1 Squad leader
-G41
-MP40
x6 Automatic
-MP40
x2 Machinegun
-MG34
x1 Tank Commander
-MP40
x2 Tank crew
-P38
* Riflemen
-kar98

x1 Panzer IV F1

Allies

x1 Squad leader
-PPD 40
-SVT40
x2 Automatic
-PPD 40
x4 Anti-tank
-PTRD
x2 Machine Gun
-DP28
x1 Tank Commander
-PPD40
x1 Tank Crew
-PPD40
*Riflemen
-MN91

x1 BT7

Last edited:
Imo there are too many AT capabiltities (tanks, AT cannons, PTRD ....)

But I admit I had fun smashing the Russian lines with my glorious tank crew :D

The PzIV can take quite the beating. You gotta keep moving though on the first two objectives or else your in for some PTRD harrasement. BT7 & AT guns shouldnt be too much of a threat :p

Upvote 0
I quite liked in when I played it :D However, I would appreciate it much more if the buildings were custom made, and not copied from other maps. Some buildings are even copied with the static meshes in the same place as in the original map, like the Arad Soviet radio building :(. There are also a few ridiculous hills round the spawns that look like they've been made with the terrain painting tool on 100% strength. Other than that the map is very fun to play. Please take this as constructive criticism, I'm not bashing the map.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm planning a new version to fix everything mentioned. Changes so far:

*Remove satchel pickups
*2-3 sappers added for German side
*Remove Clowncar
*Add more rienforcements to both sides
*Add better spawn protection for German second spawn
*Make hills less ridiculous
*minor tweaks

And I might, but probably wont, rebiuld the village, ruin and the farmhouse from scratch. Next version will be called RO-Vidzeme1941.

Upvote 0
This is a good map, but the clowncars don't belong on there imo. I saw them constantly racing across the map running Germans over, one time even three in a row. Pretty funny for the guy in the clowncar, but if you're aiming for realism they have to go. Also, the Germans need one or two Panzerfaust roles imo.

Otherwise, good map.
That wouldn't make any sense at all, the Panzerfaust wasn't introduced until 1943-44 if I remember correctly.

I agree, though; the clowncars need to go.

Upvote 0