RO Update released - Steam Achievements and new map

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
RO March Update Released

The recently-announced update to Red Orchestra is now available, bringing Steam Achievements and a new map to the game! To celebrate this - and our anniversary on Steam - Tripwire is slashing the price by 2/3rd to $4.99 until Monday 16th March.

Roswell, GA, March 12th, 2009 - Tripwire Interactive has today released the recently-announced update to Red Orchestra, adding in all the promised Steam Achievements and the new "Fallen Heroes" map. As always, if you already own the game, your copy will update automatically through Steam, for free.

This comes along with the anniversary of the original release of Red Orchestra - coming up on 14th March. So now, to celebrate all this - and to further encourage everyone to try the game, grab some new Steam Achievements and play the new map - Tripwire is dropping the price of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 our anniversary weekend to just $4.99.

Details of the changes:
  • Added 44 Steam achievements
  • Added new map Fallen Heroes
  • Fixed issues in several maps:
    • Zhitomir1941 (Fixed spawn protection exploit)
    • BlackDayJuly (Fixed unreachable artillery radio)
    • HedgeHog (Fixed artillery on spawn exploit)
  • Player counts should now show accurately both in-game and in the Steam server browser
  • Added VOIP support for Listen Servers

TONYUK

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 15, 2008
Hemel Hempstead, England
Where have all the servers gone?

Where have all the servers gone?

The usual number where there earlier in the day, this evening I can only get around 22, no tank maps at all. Whats going on?

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Thanks TW!

Any reason why Fallen Hero's wasn't added at launch?
Because we only just finished it :) ?

Ok - it was cut from the original development due to time/budget constraints. We resurrected it last year, but decided we didn't have the time to finish it off ourselves - enter Guppy - and now (with a little internal finishing off from Sabu and friends) we finally have Fallen Heroes!

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
It takes some time for Server Admins to update all of their servers. We have had a number of servers update before the new version was released to all our users, but not all of them have updated yet. Please be patient and the list of servers will grow drastically over the next couple of days.

Pastel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2008
For some reason it wasn't updating for me. And there were only 4 servers available online, probably because of that.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
Caught me on the hop...
Good game.
I will say it again, I just love playing Russian Sapper on Fallen Heroes.
Even the bots have a good time :eek:.
Thanks.

Knighter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2007
Hungary
Just purchased as a gift for my friend. Thanks for the update TWI! :)

EDIT: Umm, the game is currently unavailable for me?

Last edited:

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Try verifying your Game Cache in Steam:

In the My Games Tab, right click on the RO launch icon, select properties, select the local files tab, and clickVerify integrity of game cache.

When you "Verify the Game cache", Steam will update.

If that does not work try deleting your whole RO system folder.

Verify your RO game cache again.

Hope that fixes it

Knighter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2007
Hungary
Try verifying your Game Cache in Steam:

In the My Games Tab, right click on the RO launch icon, select properties, select the local files tab, and clickVerify integrity of game cache.

When you "Verify the Game cache", Steam will update.

If that does not work try deleting your whole RO system folder.

Verify your RO game cache again.

Hope that fixes it

I've deleted everything and used a previus backup. Updated as you mentioned and is now fully working, thanks.

Stern1900

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2006
ro.tdp-server.de
We run two server. Both have the same start orders. One have the achievements Star in the serverlist and the other not.

All updates are the same.