• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Ro-Tcherkassy beta 3

EscAz

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2006
I release beta with mostly gameplay fixes, i don't have time for cosmetics ATM, i just added some cover where it was somewhat needed.

Reminder

Ukrain, January 1944, in the Korsun-Tcherkassy pocket, a total of six German divisions at roughly 55% of their authorized strength, along with a number of smaller combat units. Among the trapped German forces were the SS Panzerdivision Wiking and the SS Sturmbrigade Wallonie (SS Assault Brigade), and 5-6,000 Russian auxiliaries. The trapped forces were designated Gruppe Stemmermann and the commander of XI Korps, Gen Stemmermann was placed in command. Wiking had approximately 43 Panzer III/IV tanks and assault guns. Two assault gun battalions provided an additional 27 assault guns.

Beta 3 Fixes

- Stukas sound are less louder and less annoying
- Mortar and HQ capzone are now increased and using Volumes
- German Spawn is pulled back to last spawn when mortar become active
- Reinforcements decreased
- Russians spawn now faster than germans
- Arty reduced to 1 for Axis
- Added some static meshes near Command post to help attackers.
- New Overhead map

And some more..

DOWNLOAD

Screenshots :

Tcherkassy2.jpg

Tcherkassy4.jpg

Tcherkassy6.jpg

I've played this map many times now (or possibly the B2 version) and it is great fun but I have never seen the Russians win yet.

Perhaps if the mortar positions were made un-re-cappable they would have a chance.

I had great fun yesterday as Soviet sniper - camped behind a tree at the foot of the hill. Nailed 17 fascists before I ran out of ammo and therefore had to break cover to find some more. That's when I got shot myself - still, cool ratio (not that it matters as our team lost).

Upvote 0