• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO:Tactics - Strategic team planning tool (download)

Just a little update....

I am coming down the home stretch on the new evolution of ROTactics. It has been a long time coming but I made a lot of progress in the past few weeks and would say I am within days of release (give or take a few thanks to the holiday).

My original vision for an increased feature set and functionality is mostly intact, and mainly all that is left is updating the maps to include the new 'official' custom maps TW added for RO.

...here is a little sample pic with a map from COD4:

small_map.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I appreciate it ;)

Well... here it is. First release of GTactix
(It was made in Visual Studio 2005 and requires the .NET Framework 2.0)

I put up a quick site for it with a link to the download on the main page:

www.GTactix.com
Or, here is a direct link to the download page: GTactix_setup.zip

Yes I know the About button goes nowhere... it's just a quick & simple page until I get something more comprehensive in place ;).
Please note the link to the Forum on the main page for any questions/comments/bugs etc. (better to separate that stuff somewhat from this thread I think)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the good stuff!
I tried to set everything up as closely to ROTactics as I could to keep things familiar... but in a nutshell here's what you need to know to get up and running asap...

1) Download the zip from the above page.

2) Run the "Setup.exe" after extracting

3) Launch from the "GTactix Launcher" shortcut in your start menu

4) No maps are included 'out of the box'. You need to download them.
4.1) Click 'Tools > Map Vault'
4.2) Pick the map pack(s) you want and click install... obviously RO will be there :)

5) Online sessions use a single port (TCP 49300 by default) This is one of the ports ROTactis used.
5.1) To Host, click "Host Session", enter a name and click "Start Server"
5.2) To Join, click "Join Session", enter a name & IP and click "Connect"

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for the quick start.
Here's a few tips to highlite some of the new stuff:
  • Upload your own pics/screenshots while connected.
    This was highly requested in ROTactics and I'm happy to say it is included. To share a pic, click File > Add pic to 'My Shared', and select the pic you want. Now click the "My Shared" tab in the Map Packs section. Right-click the map in the list and choose "Upload to All"
    (note: only session admins can perform this function)
  • Additional Host options/control. Session hosts will have a server panel where they can grant and remove Drawing and Admin permissions for each connected user.
  • Admin abilities. While online, if you have admin permissions, you are able to do the following (also meaning if you don't have admin you will NOT be able to do these things while online):
    Change Maps
    Upload Maps
    Clear the board ("Erase All" button)
    Zoom the map in & out
  • Additional drawing options:
    Text tool included
    Selectable Pen/Line width (range 1-10 px)
    Selectable Line/Text opacity (0-100%)
    more planned...
  • Host can set user background colors by right-clicking username in server panel. Additional support for this is planned...
  • Righ-click + drag on the map to drag it around the map area.
  • File > Open - loads a local pic from your machine into the map window. This does not send the pic to any other users. It just loads the pic locally so you can draw on it yourself and save it if you want.
  • The 'Replay' button clears the board and re-draws your strat in realtime. This does not work online at this time. (Also note the replay speed appears backwards as the numbers are actually the duration in milliseconds between each line segment being drawn, not the speed with which they are drawn.)
If you have any question, comments, requests, or run into any errors or problems, please post them @ the following www.gtactix.com/forum/

Upvote 0
Hi Rehakles... yikes a month late on my reply, sorry about that.

Are you asking about ROTactics or GTactix??

Work/Support on ROTactics has been discontinued, but I am definitely continuing development on GTactix.

If you are experiencing trouble/crashes with GTactix I'd by happy to try and help out. To avoid confusion, it would probably be best to discuss further on the GTactix.com forum... feel free to post there and I'll see what I can do.

Any error message details (screen shots or copy&paste of error message(s)) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey thanks guys!

Serpa: The map packs can be added in at any time, though I don't have that game so it would likely take me a while to find the pictures etc. It would probably be much faster if someone else made the pack and submitted it as most of my time is going into fixes & updates. There is a map pack tool that a community member made if you want to try your hand at making one. If so, you can get it from the download section on my site. Then just send me the pack and I'll add it to the vault.

Shadrach: Ya that is something from the old version that I still want to put in - colors at the very least to help organize squads. Hopefully it will be coming very soon.

Upvote 0
For the map packs you mean?

The packs I have done myself I have generally just gone in-game and taken screenshots. Depending on the game, some will show you an overhead map you can take a screenshot of, and some games you have to just try and use free spectate and 'fly' up above the map, then just look down and take a screenshot.

That's how I did the overheads for Red Orchestra anyway. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Ya definitely. Getting the map pictures is the hardest & most time-consuming part, so if you have those just send them my way and I'll put the pack together from there.

Also, if you have pics of any particular icons for the pack, send those too. If you don't have any I'll just add the default icons I have that should generally work for any game.

Upvote 0
Are you asking about ROTactics or GTactix??

If you are experiencing trouble/crashes with GTactix I'd by happy to try and help out. To avoid confusion, it would probably be best to discuss further on the GTactix.com forum... feel free to post there and I'll see what I can do.

Any error message details (screen shots or copy&paste of error message(s)) would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I was referring to GTactix, and the worst part about it, usually it freezes and we dont get any error message that I could post or send to you...we dropped Gtactix for now coz it crashed/freezed too much :(

Upvote 0