• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO Tactics for Newbs...

Well , i was away from RO for about a year , came back a few days ago , i have to say that the nicest moment was in a public server (Wild Bunch) were someone took the responsibility of leading the troops by comms on Odessa , most of the team who could understand English (orally , for many it's not always easy ) followed his advices and it was really a great "welcome back to RO " moment for me , great teamwork that i enjoyed .

IMHO when the guy who uses the mic and give advices knows what he's doing , i think it can be really good , that night the guy on comms easily made 1/3 of the victory for the team by making us coordinated , funnily enough i can't remember his name , but i wish there were more like him who try to plug in their mic and lead the team on public servers
I definitely agree with you there, I just came back from about a year break myself and I love it when there's as much teamwork as possible and people are not spamming the mic but actually trying to strategize; it makes for some really intense and exciting gameplay when you actually have all your players moving with a purpose.
Learn the maps and learn how to cook nades. That's all you need on half the maps in RO
and to you, damn nade whore.. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
ummm they are new give them a chance . . also i never listen to anyone on the ingame comms . .usually some know it all that has no idea what he is doing . . also its usually an american, them folk like to talk y'all.
I guess that would be me, seeming as I'm a US citizen (I didn't realize that there was a country called america) and I'm from the south.....ya'll.:p And Vader, you be quiet, too. You Mississippi scoundrel you.

Upvote 0
Hell I'm a play by play announcer on comms and EVERYONE just loves me for it...:D:D:D Yes that was sarcasm. Do I care? NO...

I'm always rallying the troops because when we play on the TWB East Coast it's ALWAYS the same 5 or so guys in the zone and either only 2 of us have comms or everyone else just doesn't speak. If I'm in a zone I'll explain to those outside of the zone exactly what is going on and hopefully it can help them get there as well.

I always have people telling me to shut up but I'm quit used to it and simply ignore them. I'm all about winning and I know with most of my chatter it's helped those that either want to improve their scores or helped in the long run for bringing victory.

When it comes to the maps, I've played them long enough to know how to win and exactly the best ways to get from spawn to zone immediatly. People have to realize my chatter is not toward everyone and either is others comms from other chatter boxes, the veterans always have a tendancy to say shut up or no kidding and so on. The problem is, it isn't directed to those that know what they are doing, it's to those that are just joining us and beginning to learn the game. I take charge all the time but for those knowing what they are doing there is no need to listen but also no need to interfere. Half the time I hear nothing of what others are saying because I'm too busy doing what I do...

If people are so concerned about what people are saying or not saying simply mute them. It will be your loss when you miss the zones or miss the easiest route to the zone or where enemies are at and so on.

The only chatter that should be yelled at are those talking about the weekend or the things outside the scope of the game, those are the only idiots I can do without listening to and those complaing in game about others using comms. I'm all game for people telling me or warning me of things ahead and so on and I'll always be there doing it, so get used to it.

Upvote 0
Nade throwing

Nade throwing

If you play a Soviet, learn how to cook your nades (right click begins the igniter: the nade will explode about 5 seconds later).

Depending on how far you want to throw the nade, count to three or four then toss. You can even time airbursts if situations require it.

Another note about throwing nades in general: understand how bouncing your nade works. Tons of times I kill hidden opponents by bouncing the nade off of a door jamb or widow side jamb. He gets naded and never even knows where I was.

This is one of the easiest ways to kill opponents on the balcony of Danzig's Command center. Go below and toss a cooked nade off the ceiling -- it bounces down on them. Whamo! Hamburger!

Upvote 0