• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Support is dead...

Comrade Kaizer

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
Can someone answer my question or at least provide a link to a more community active site for RO support related issues because being new to RO here and asking for advice and help where the sticky threads don't provide is really dissappointing, I've also PM admins who seem to just ignore me.

I'm not here to bash but I haven't gotten any real in depth help or discussion here at all, this forum (before I even joined) was part of the reason I brought the game. I was assuming with this forum I can get the added push I need to make my social and gameplay experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible but these forums are actually just fill of dust... with the exception of 2 or 3 helpful users.

I see alot of other users and threads that suffer from the lack of attention as well, I'm not the only one. Who are the admins and why do they not answer or help out the community more often?

Well your actually one of the helpful users I was implying to in my OP, well this question is about running AMD dual core optimizer while playing RO... is it helpful or not? Can I run one of my Processors alone just for RO while its being played will that help? How can I give more power to the elements that RO uses from my laptop...

By the way I have completed almost EVERY tweak that has been mention on this site, so I know about the most common ones that people keep referring me to...

Also thanks for all the other help as well Moe I greatly appreciate it since I brought this game with my own money and want to play it as much as I can the way its meant to be played before HOS releases.

Upvote 0
It probably helps a bit. I am not that familiar with AMD processors other than my son has an older single core AMD64 3200 in a desktop. It along with the other hardware in his computer runs RO surprisingly well. But I would imagine if you are able to seperate background processes to run on the OTHER core, you are doing pretty well. Eliminating those unnecessary background processes does wonders too, I have a much better computer and I still try to eliminate those pesky buggers....

Of course, having a seperate sound and video card helps take the workload off your cpu (I only vaguely remember your other post, sorry. Perhaps a link?). Don't remember if you have those in a laptop. At least 1GB ram also helps.

Sorry, that is the best I can do other than to say it can't hurt and may help a little.

Upvote 0
Well your actually one of the helpful users I was implying to in my OP, well this question is about running AMD dual core optimizer while playing RO... is it helpful or not? Can I run one of my Processors alone just for RO while its being played will that help? How can I give more power to the elements that RO uses from my laptop...

By the way I have completed almost EVERY tweak that has been mention on this site, so I know about the most common ones that people keep referring me to...

Also thanks for all the other help as well Moe I greatly appreciate it since I brought this game with my own money and want to play it as much as I can the way its meant to be played before HOS releases.

I don't think the AMD Dual Core Optimizer will help, since RO is only meant to run on one core, but you can try this SOFTWARE,

[URL]http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=93[/URL]

and see if it helps.
Ive used it myself and didn't notice any difference in RO.
RO tends to be a memory hog, using up more and more memory the longer it runs.
Ive seen it starting at 450mb and after about 4 hours playing the memory usage jumps up to 800+mb., so obviously the more memory you have the better.

Edit: Your system specs say that you have 894mb system memory, Vista itself needs about 1gb to run smoothly, and RO needs another 512mb of FREE memory.
So the only answer is to add at least another 1000-2000 mb memory, or get rid of Vista, and install XP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0