• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO starts in a window?

I've had RO for a month or so now, and just spent about $500 bucks upgrading my system to run it better. Now after a fresh install on a SATA drive, it always starts in a window.

I check the box for full screen and everything is fine. I log off and come back on, it starts in a window again. How do I make it stop doing that?

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI
AMD 64 3200+ Venice 2ghz
1gig Corsair ram
WD 160gb SATA
eVGA 7600GS 512 GDDR2 PCI x16
WinXP Home SP2

Now RO runs like a dream, and so does Farcry, Doom3, Fear & Prey. Woohoo!

I dont mind if it goes in window size as i can still due few things on the deskop during the DL. Dubble klick on top frame to make it go in size or multitask with left ALT and then press Return.

Ohh and if i dont klick on any other windows during the start of RO it will be high rize ingame insteed windowed :) But as the fellows says above if it's enjoying you have a solution ;)

Cheers on.

BR A N.

Upvote 0
If I do the set affinity thing with steam to one processor in task manager, RO will start full screen. If I don't it starts in a window.

Also, if another program is active (like vista inspirat desktop toolbar or zone alarm needing access info) RO will start in a window. UT engine is designed to start in a window if any other program needs something while you are booting it.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Allow me to resurrect this thread since i now suffer from RO starting in a window.

This thing comes and goes for me. Most times RO starts fullscreen but sometimes, like today, it will startup in a window no matter what i do.
I have nothing running in the background so it can't be another app forcing RO to start in window mode.

I'll try tomorrow.. :/

Upvote 0