• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 RO should barrow iddeas from: Men of war, Armed Assault and other realism games!

No, not the intricate ones, as like inventory for infantry. Also buildable covers or at least being able to plant mines. Also a mod like the one in Men of war, where you need to defend a zone while the enemy is attacking. I know we have something like this but there is much better implemented. Being able to dismantle heavy tripod mg's like in Armed assault and reposition them. Being able to dismantle weapon attachments. More types of ammo, as like explosive ammunition, flame bullets. You get my point. Also maybe a commander view, as like in Natural selection, to easily control and move your squads?

Upvote 0
buildable covers or at least being able to plant mines
Impossible.

explosive ammunition, flame bullets
Excuse me?

Being able to dismantle heavy tripod mg's like in Armed assault and reposition them
That defeats the whole point of them.

maybe a commander view, as like in Natural selection, to easily control and move your squads?
Won't work when your squads are human players.

Look, if you want these that badly do it yourself, because nobody else is going to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I need some time, but what's the point in doing it, if only I appreciate it? Also I don't get it why can't cover be built in MOw there is no problem buildings sandbags, deploying mines or things like that. Also what is the problem with custom bullets as like penetration ones, incendiary ones? Also a custom inventory would be very nice, like being able to change helmets, weapons or things like that. Also maybe change uniforms and go back into enemy lines, to steal secrets this sounds like a good mod ideea.

Also leaving and entering tanks, Men of war has it very good implemented, we should give them credit and maybe get some ideeas from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I need some time, but what's the point in doing it, if only I appreciate it? Also I don't get it why can't cover be built in MOw there is no problem buildings sandbags, deploying mines or things like that. Also what is the problem with custom bullets as like penetration ones, incendiary ones? Also a custom inventory would be very nice, like being able to change helmets, weapons or things like that. Also maybe change uniforms and go back into enemy lines, to steal secrets this sounds like a good mod ideea.

Also leaving and entering tanks, Men of war has it very good implemented, we should give them credit and maybe get some ideeas from it.

No, No, Nien, non, nem,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not all of them are ridiculous. Being able to construct defenses, movable HMG's, those are viable ideas.

Unfortunately, not for this community and therefore not for this game. If there's one thing I've learned from over 15 years of gaming is that you can't change the desires of the community by adding a few features. This game was designed to play as it does, as a more realistic, but still casual infantry shooter. Neither the devs or the community wants it to be more simlike. The pace is fast and the maps are not large. There's no time or space to place defenses, to transport supplies, move guns around, form elaborate strategies, any of it.

There's always engine limitations too, so keep that in mind.

The players who would like to play games where that sort of stuff is part of the gameplay already do, elsewhere. It's a complete waste of time to make suggestions that TWI add things that only the slightest minority would want. You will only see a RO that adds milsim sort of features if TWI decides they want a NEW game, not more of RO2. They would also have to decide that the possibility of gaining new players is worth the risk of losing the ones they have. Which is what they did going from RO1 --> RO2. From a business standpoint, it was a wise move on their part.

TLDR - Don't bother trying to make the game into something it's not, either accept it and play it as it is, or find another game/community that suits your tastes better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Very good ideas. Seriously. Obviously not for the vanila but for the mods. I was thinking about many things you mentioned.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's my point many things could be done to improve the gameplay. But there are still problems which weren't solved with the game release. They said they will add inventory to the game, I don't see any inventory. Also you can't go in conver with a grenade that has a pulled pin. You can't stop a weapon from reloading, bullet by bullet and have the bullets you loaded in ready to fire. Also for G41 you can't reload only 1 clip, you need to reload all, detachable bayonets?. :confused:
These problems should be addressed first before releasing any new content.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's my point many things could be done to improve the gameplay. But there are still problems which weren't solved with the game release. They said they will add inventory to the game, I don't see any inventory. Also you can't go in conver with a grenade that has a pulled pin. You can't stop a weapon from reloading, bullet by bullet and have the bullets you loaded in ready to fire. Also for G41 you can't reload only 1 clip, you need to reload all, detachable bayonets?. :confused:
These problems should be addressed first before releasing any new content.

All these things you are talking about...
First, game came out. All started complaining about lots of things, and about things you are mentioning now too. Then they complained again. And again. And again.
Then it became boring and people started replying that this, or this suggestion/critisism has been repeated, answered, discussed and sucked in alll possible ways many times already.
Then new people came and they started complaining about these things again. And again answers that this was already posted here and devs are not doing anything with it for years.
And again, and again, this circle repeated many times.
Oh yes, there are some problems that were not solved with the game release.
OH OF COURSE twi promised something and they didnt keep their word.
Oh yes, they promised this too and didnt make.
Oh yes, some stupid thing in game that was discussed 9000 times on this forum before you and still devs didnt do anything about it.
Now you came and announced that there are some stupid problems in game that devs do not fix.

You really dont say anything new. Try to post some suggestion addressed to modders ( for reasons joe described) that are different from all those 9000 that are already posted, if you want to be anyhow original.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thoose ideas are good, yeah, and when i tought about Men of War , i was thinking it will be good to introduce pair work with your buddy on machine gun with tripod/bipod or even on mortar.
But as fact RO2, RS and RS2(?) supports only 64 players or up to 80 in practice and there only way to implement it , is to make a new game with more than 64 players, now RO 2 (without I.O.M ) looks more like shooter either pseudo-realistic shooter , anyway look at the game Squad, it supports up to 100-128 players and you have an ability to build covers, bases, it looks almost perfect. So current Red Orchestra will look more weird with that limit of players, even to imagine that: about 14-20 players on each side digging holes, foxholes, covers with sandbags. Anyway lack of people left to fight.
With support of 100-128 players it will look perfectly well.
Until now Tripwire have no competitors, but when Squad will came out, Red Orchestra series will live by community, so TWI have to decide:
1)Work with community side by side to make perfect game or...
2)...Or continue making pseudo-realistic shooters
P.S. Sorry for little bit offtop, but i'm what i'm saying, its truth.

Upvote 0