• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art RO SDK for Dummies

Elton said:
Am I afraid to first-post under a title like this? Hell no! ;)

Question: is it possible to export a texture file into a readable format for adjustment / modification in Photoshop or similar?

Install this: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html to make Photoshop handle DSS files.

You export texture files from ROEd by right clicking on the texture in the Texture Browser and save it as a DSS file, which you can open in photoshop using the DSS plugin.

Upvote 0
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to import a texture into a level, right?

First, try this:

1. Import the texture into package myLevel. Make sure to uncheck the box that refers to mipmaps.

See if that works.

If it does, cool. Try again and put your own package name it. Don't use one of the existing ones, obviously. Make sure you save your package.

If I'm totally off base and you're asking something else altogether, let me know.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to simply replace the german rifleman default texture with a splinter camo skin of my own - I've backed up the original UTX file, but to test the skin I just over-wrote the skin in the original UTX & saved it. In the editor, when I go to animations window & load up the german soldier my new skin works, but in game, it's still the default feldgrau skin. I've looked through all the texture packages & can't find the feldgrau skin (remember I've replaced the original with camo) so why does the game not see my skin?

Upvote 0
Fennich_FJR6 said:
I'm trying to simply replace the german rifleman default texture with a splinter camo skin of my own - I've backed up the original UTX file, but to test the skin I just over-wrote the skin in the original UTX & saved it. In the editor, when I go to animations window & load up the german soldier my new skin works, but in game, it's still the default feldgrau skin. I've looked through all the texture packages & can't find the feldgrau skin (remember I've replaced the original with camo) so why does the game not see my skin?

from what i understand you CANNOT replace files, RO has it's own set of files seperate from the SDK.

I think you have to make a mutaltor to tell the game to use your skin

Upvote 0