• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-SalacaRiver1941 beta1 *feat. KV2!*

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
RO-SalacaRiver1941

DESCRIPTION
A combined arms map set within the vidzeme region of Latvia. It has 2 tanks per side including 3 new AHZ creations. The objective layout is symmetrical and victory is given to the side which takes all 5 objectives. The central bridge objective is required to unlock the 2 objectives on the opposite sides of the banks so combat should be very focused in that area. The allied side has 3 AT guns while the axis have an advantage in artillery. The main allied advantage comes with the fully mobile KV2, which should make the map very interesting. Big thanks to AHZ for the new content!

DOWNLOAD (BETA3) *requires the AHZ pack!

http://dodownload.filefront.com/966...2f192d6a470a64455c13bc8b0900f373c2a4efd068ff0

SCREENS

Shot00139.jpg

Shot00136.jpg

Shot00143.jpg

Shot00131.jpg

Last edited:
hehe, visually verry beautifull. only the KV2 and the pakwagen have never fought against each other, especially not in 1941, because the sdkfz 251/22 only entered in production 4 years later in 1945! :p

The camo on it just looks so cool I couldn't resist putting it in :eek:

I'll take it out next release. There will always be other maps that it will fit into. Kudos to whoever made the skin it's excelent! The Stug3b could also use a skin like that right now it's only standard paintjob or snow version.

Upvote 0
it doesnt bother me to have the pakwagen there, the germs did have such pakwagens then but with smaller guns like the PAK5cm i think.
the sdkfz 251/22 was a desperate late-war weapon, the sdkfz 251 chassis was not strong enough to support the recoil force of the pak40, so it was a pretty dangerous vehicle.
that skin was made by myself! especially for pariserplatz because none of the AHZ skins really fitted in a late war map. there is also an ambush pattern skin in the pack.
this skin i typpical for german vehicles in late 44 to the end of the war, so you wont see it on any early war stuff. thats why i love late-war action! big tanks, nice skins, camo uniforms and stg44!!!

Upvote 0
Well technically although its production was canceled in 1941 the there were a few surviving Kv-2's until the end of ww2 and they did serve but yeah I do not think the PAkwagon ever engaged a Kv-2 it would be a more common situation if they were working together since the Germans employed a bunch of captured Kv-2 designs in the defense of Germany.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice to see some content picking up the new vehicle and guns so soon. Keep in mind the limitations of the KV-2 with the slower turret rotation, no firing while moving, and the inability to turn the turret if the vehicle is on a slope greater than 10 degrees.

I'm also working on flipping the vehicle if the vehicle exceeds a certai n degree in roll. So, it is wise to stay off extreme slopes.

This will all effect game play. The KV-2 is really at it's best as a static weapon. The 152 HE is the best option and will give you one shot kills against most tanks of this era and will shred infantry.

Sepp did a great job on the skin for the pakwagen. really like that one.

Upvote 0
I think it is unforgiving enough as it is! Making it flip easily is not good for gameplay because it's the same result as it being destroyed but with no respawn
I think it will be a great gameplay add which will also add a bit of realism. If you want to shoot from slopes and and inclined areas use a T-34 its much better suited for that kind of thing.

Upvote 0
I think it will be a great gameplay add which will also add a bit of realism. If you want to shoot from slopes and and inclined areas use a T-34 its much better suited for that kind of thing.

A T-34 would be much too fast for this map. I think the KV2 will work out ok the only issue would be people unaware of its limitations who will stray from the main road and themselves in a vulnerable position.

Upvote 0
I think the KV2 will work out ok the only issue would be people unaware of its limitations who will stray from the main road and themselves in a vulnerable position.
unexperienced tankers are a pain in whatever tank they take.-
Originally Posted by smokeythebear
I also took away a couple smg's, this map is now all rifles with the exception of one smg and 2 mgs per side. This means 20 rifles per side on 50 player servers :D

good work

Last edited:
Upvote 0